Chapter 4

"Follow me." Replied the teacher who goes by the name Shanti Mam as he heard earlier from the other girl.

He started to follow Shanti Mam, totally forgetting the fact that a few minutes earlier he was running behind someone.

And oblivion to his destiny which is soon about to change.
_________________________________________

Sameer is walking with an unconscious Naina in his arms when he heard Shanti teacher addressing the other girl.

"Swati, beta Naina ki behen ko inform kar do." saying so she wondered if Preeti even knows that her sister have fainted.

"Aur ha beta, ab tum class me jao.  Naina ko mai dekh lungi." she reassured Swati who is about to protest.

Swati unwilling went away to Preet's class.

Shanti Mam turned to Sameer, "Sorry beta, tumhe bhi apni class mein jana hoga na. Chalo ab jaldi chalte hai." She gave a worried glance to Naina before guiding him again.

They crossed about six to seven classrooms, took two right and one left turn before coming across another room which he assumed to be the infermary.

It looked same as the other classes. The only difference is the mildly decorated poster with 'SPREAD KINDNESS, NOT GERMS' written in big bold letters. He almost let out a small chuckle. Shaking his head, he moved ahead.

Just as he was about to enter the threshold of the room, he took a quick peek at the girl who is currently occupying his arms.

'She seems so petite.' He thought while his eyes took a quick journey from her eyes, which were closed. It halted at her chubby cheeks for a few seconds and then to braids,'Cute' he whispered.

He eyed her tiny nose and started moving downwards before moving back to her eyes abruptly. 'Kya kar raha hai Sameer?' he shaked his head dismissively.

Moving towards the only bed present, he lowered her carefully and moved aside. Shanti Mam immediately came forward and took the control. She gave all the necessary details to the nurse who sprang into the action quickly.

Seeing everything under control, Shanti Mam thanked Sameer and asked him to go back to his class.

Shrugging his shoulders, Sameer went away.

The nurse completed her checkup and informed the teacher about her health.

Two minutes later Preeti came running into the infermary room. 'Naina!' she asked a bit frantically and sat by her sister who, by the way, is still unconscious.

"Mam, Naina ko kya hua hai? Ye..ese...behosh?" she inquired her teacher looking quite tensed. She touched Naina's forehead, " Fever to nhi lag raha...," she asked confused.

" Preeti, beta shaant ho jao. Naina bilkul theek hai." Mam tried to reassure her. "Usne shayad theek se kuch khaya nhi hai... isliye behosh ho gayi thi." she repeated what the nurse told her.

"Tum ek kaam karo..yahi Naina ke paas hi beth jao. I'll talk to your teacher. Okay, beta?" she asked the girl with a warm smile and went away when Preeti agreed.

Leaving Naina and Preeti alone, the nurse too went away.
_________________________________________

In the classroom....

The students were as usual chatting of anything and everything, taking full liberty of the absence of the teacher.

Sameer is sitting with Munna, Pandit being closely behind.

Alone with the 'brand new admission' tag, Sameer is getting a lot of female attention. That and his 'Salman Khan type' looks combined with his fluent English is adding to his charms, leaving even the boys in appreciation.

Being used to such attention, he didn't bother with the fussing going around him and enjoyed talking with Munna and Pandit.

It's been 3 periods already and he's getting bored. Unconsciously, he ran his eyes around the class and saw a weird pattern with the dressing sense of students.

Be it the guys or the girls, everyone seems to be in love with oily hairs. 'Weird!' he thought with amusement. All the girls seems to be two pigtails and socks till knees.

'Oh! talking about two braids, where is that girl from earlier?' he took a brief glance around the class but couldn't find her. 'Is she in different class?' he wondered.  Shrugging his thoughts, he looked in his books again, trying to concentrate.

The recesses bell rang and the students fled the class to fill the canteen with hustle bustle.

His friends followed the suit, him following closely behind.