𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

THE CAPITOL ANTHEM PLAYS AND I LOOK AT THE SCREEN. Cressida's face appears before it flickers to Castor's, then Pollux, and then Messala. Finnick chuckles as he sees his face appear. Cato's face flickers onto the screen before it switches to mine.

"Is it bad that I've always wanted to see my face on that?" Finnick leans over and whispers at me. I give him a look and then a small chuckle. "I've thought about it a few times." I say and he nods. "I know, right, it's weird. But I've always wanted to see it." He adds before President Snow's face takes over the screen.

"So, Carabelle Everdeen, a poor unstable girl with nothing but a small talent with a bow and arrow, is dead. Not a thinker, not a leader. Simply a face plucked from the masses. Was the valuable? She was extremely valuable to your rebellion because you have no vision, no true leader among you."

"You call yourselves an alliance. But we saw what that means. Your soldiers are at each other's throats-" the screen flickers to President Coin. "Good evening. For those of you who don't know me, please allow me to introduce myself. I am President Alma Coin, leader of the rebellion."

"I have interrupted a broadcast from your President in which he attempted to defame a brave young woman. 'A face picked from the masses,' he called her. As if a leader, a true leader, could be anything else. I had the privilege of knowing a small-town girl from the Seam in District Twelve who survived The Hunger Games and The Quarter Quell, and rose up and turned a nation of slaves into an army!"

"Dead or alive, Carabelle Everdeen will remain the face of this revolution." Coin says tearfully. Her breath hitches in her throat. She's exactly like Snow. Manipulating and using people to get what she wants. "She will not have died for nothing." I can't keep my mouth shut and I say, "I had no idea I meant so much to her." My voice is monotone and Katniss chuckles.

"Her vision and ours will be realised. A free Panem with self-Determination for all. And in her memory, we will all find the strength to rid Panem of its oppressors. Thank you. And be safe." Coin disappears and the screen fades to a picture of me in my Phoenix suit with a background of the Panem symbol.

I grab the Holo and walk over to a table, putting it down and pressing a button to show the map of The Capitol. "Snow's in his mansion. Where is it?" Everyone goes to crouch around the table. "That's us." Cressida says and points. "That's the City Circle. It's at least seventy, seventy-five blocks north." She tells us.

"Seventy-five blocks?" Finnick asks and Cressida hums in agreement. "Nobody knows we're alive. This is our chance." Katniss says and I look at the map. "These buildings. Do they look over Snow's Gardens?" I ask. "They do." Castor says. "If he goes outside at all, I could get a clear shot." I tell them.

"We're getting ahead of ourselves here." Jackson steps in. "Whether they're looking for us or not, we are pinned down." She announces. "Hit that button. Scan for pods." I press the button and yellow/orange dots fill the screen. "Just about ever ten steps." Katniss says. "Yeah, that doesn't even show the new ones." Gale adds.

"So we can't go anywhere in the streets." Finnick says. "And the rooftops are just as bad." Jackson says and Pollux taps Castor. He signs what he's saying and Castor nods.

"There might be another way."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

619 Words

A/N- since this is nearing its end, do you guys have any requests for fanfics?

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 25 | 2 | 24 |