Chapter 1 - All That's Left Behind

The blue wolf's eyes turned gray, several visions flashing through them in a matter of seconds. The Visionary's mouth spoke in riddles, his tongue as sharp as a blade yet as true as can be. The woman wailed when he told her what she was made to become and the toll of the strength she wielded. The last piece of the puzzle which answered all of her questions. The truth which her own kin had hid from her.

"As the night of the yellow moon rises you shall howl atop Mount Eragon to heal your kin of their affliction. Yet this heroic action comes with a grave sacrifice. Your fate shall be sealed as a Canis Lupus, never to become human again." His ethereal voice was as cold as the stone walls of the cavern. The woman wept, gripping a moonstone amulet in her hand. It was a gift given to her by her husband on the day after their marriage, a testament to their promise never to leave each other's side.

"I...I can't do that." She said with her head shaking, denying her destiny as the Moonweaver.

"Then run, Monique Querella-Lockett, run for your very existence brings danger to your line of descendants. Run to the farthest land possible and never return." and that she did. She bid her husband goodbye that night and left her amulet with her sleeping daughter, knowing that speaking with the child would get her to stay.

"Dad, are you okay?" A young Monica asked, rubbing the eye dust off her sleepy hazel orbs while moving to the edge of the bed behind her father. Ivan Lockett peered over his shoulder to be greeted by a newly woken child.

"Where's mom?" The child asked as she looked around their one-bedroom compartment. Her confusion turned into worry as she felt her mother's necklace dangling on her neck. Ivan grits his teeth and looks away from his daughter, ashamed of his incapability to make her mother stay. His tears inevitably fell and two rivers formed on his rose-colored cheeks, all he could mutter were two words that would alter the course of his daughter's life. "She's...Gone."

He repeated those words again when the council interrogated him. The council he had just resigned from due to the perceived treachery of his absent wife. Within the dimly lit and enclosed prison cell, the voice of a middle-aged woman resounded with wrath.

"Where is the Moonweaver, Ivan?! I won't ask the same question twice!" the Sentinel, Evelyn Minerva's disdain was growing more and more, realizing that her chance to live as a mortal was fading with each passing second. Perspiration slid from the sides of her temple, the dry air of the chamber did not help with the temper of the brunette, this is evident by the bun she wore on her head coming undone.

"That's enough, Evelyn, he's had enough!" Pleaded the moral compass of the faction, Cecilia Petal, her frowning, rose lips showing clear pity for the man she saw as a former coworker, getting beaten half to death. She looked much younger than the average council member, her aura gentle and tender, filled with compassion and docility. Her arms clasped together like a prayer as she begged for their leader to calm down and show restraint.

"Do not get involved, Cecilia! I just lost every chance to be with my family because of him and his wife's cowardice, no punishment will amount to the effects of their betrayal"

Evelyn's jet-black claw dug deeper through the man's abdomen, and his body ached with every single breath he took but alas he was unable to move nor use his lycanthropic ability to phase through objects due to the silver chains binding him and burning his skin to the wooden chair which was now drenched in both his dripping blood and sweat.

The heir of the Yvon name, Phoebe Yvon, having seen that Ivan was on his limit, offered a halt to the torturing. Her silky dark hair bounced in the air bound in a tight ponytail, and her red heels clacked on the cobblestone floor as she walked towards the rampaging woman.