Chapter 3 - The Last From The Past

"Release me! I have a child, a family!" Charleigh pleaded, placing her two hands together as the electric shackles which bound her like an animal rattled on the cold, white, tiles, constantly emitting enough voltage to subdue even one of the strongest lycans discovered.

"Follow up with the order to find her family if she's telling the truth. I want to know if her strength is hereditary. That beast killed three-fourths of our battalion with ease." General Alvin Gerero directed his subordinates.

"Yes, General, I'll relay the order to the search party and update you as soon as I can."

"Dismissed." The soldier nodded and left the laboratory, but the general was not yet finished with the chained lycan.

"Silver fur, camouflage, heightened senses, speed, strength, and so much more gathered on our database. Who are you? You've displayed more abilities than a council member ever did. Come on, Charleigh, it's been two years and all we know about you is your name and the fact that you have a family." The man crouched to level with the woman, his curiosity and intrigue peaked by the sheer endurance and secrecy she held on.

"How do you know about the council?!" Her crestfallen head suddenly jolted up, eyes wide with surprise.

"How did you gain those abilities?" The Solune general avoided the question by firing her with another one. "If you won't answer, maybe your offspring will." Alvin taunted her, his deep blue eyes mirroring the resolve he had for his cause.

"Leave him out of this! What I have isn't hereditary!" Charleigh's brows furrowed and her eyes transfigured from a hazel hue to a Merigold tinge.

"So, it's a boy. That just narrowed our search by half. Thank you, Charleigh, I'll be taking my leave." He rose from the position and fixed his tilted necktie, before leaving the lycan which was now going berserk.

"NO! STOP, COME BACK!" Charleigh stressed, her black hair sticking to the surface of her pale skin due to the amount of sweat she was producing. She pounded her arms on the tiles, breaking them in half from the sheer force. All of her efforts seemed to land on deaf ears, however, because soon after the door to the containment room closed shut.

"The child is a male." He relayed the information to the head researcher as he brushed past.

Meanwhile, in a small cave that looks to be in the midst of corrosion, a council member angrily approaches.

"Liam Cornelius, respect this sacred land if you do not choose to be slain this instant." The deep voice of the blue wolf reverberated throughout the cavern with authority.

Liam's stance immediately fixed, his expression of anger slowly fell, and his voice softly spoke with caution. "Forgive me, my dear Visionary, but I must say this is not the future you foresaw."

The Visionary's piercing gaze intensified as he responded to Liam's words, "The threads of fate are delicate, Liam Cornelius, and your actions tug at them recklessly. The path you tread is not one of destiny but of your own desires. Beware, for the consequences of disrupting the balance may extend beyond your comprehension."

Liam, feeling a subtle chill run down his spine, feigned confidence. "I am prepared to face whatever consequences may arise. The position of power demands sacrifices."

The blue wolf let out a low growl, "But not at the cost of the balance. There is a force greater than you, and you toy with powers that could unleash chaos. A threat can become a weapon, but wield it with care, for its backlash may be far-reaching."

Liam's eyes narrowed, "What do you mean?"

"In nine years, a shadow will rise, one battered by the punishment which unrighteously befell him. A force that could bring about salvation or doom. The choice lies in the hands of the one who walks the thin line between threat and weapon."With those cryptic words, the Visionary retreated into the shadows of the cave, leaving Liam alone to ponder the weight of his decisions and the impending emergence of a figure that could shape the destiny he so arrogantly sought to control. His mind lingers on the thought but it drifts to another, the thought that the current threat must be diminished before he schemes for the removal of one which will appear in the following years.