Part 9: High Fever

It was Saturday morning and Dunk was at his house doing due assignments. Joong said he'll be home in the weekend so Dunk didn't have to babysit Lego. Dunk felt lonely without a little guy who running around him babbling about various things. But Dunk understood that he needed to spend time with his father also. So Dunk was surprised when Joong called him early in the morning that day.

"May be he has something urgent to attend." Dunk thought to himself before answer the call. He was more surprised when little Lego's frightened voice came through the line.

"Uncle DunkDunk, papa is sick." Said the little voice and Dunk could say the kid was crying. So Dunk ran as fast as he can while his phone on his ear.

"Calm down baby. Uncle is on the way. Don't hang up. Stay with uncle." Dunk tried his best to reassure the frightened kid. He talked to Lego about various things while he is on the taxi, making sure the boy had a company.

When Dunk was at Joong's doorstep he remembered that he doesn't have a key.

"Pup, can you open the door to uncle. I'm right outside."

"Okay." Said the voice and Dunk heart ruffling sound on the phone. Probably the boy had put phone somewhere. Then he heard a faint footsteps coming his way from inside. Then the door opened to very frightened boy with snots and tears all over the face.

Dunk carried the boy and hugged him tight.

"It's okay baby. I'm here. You'll be alright." Dunk said stroking little boys back up and down.

"Let's go see your papa first." Lego took Dunk to Joong's room. The room was dark. But Dunk could see a figure lying on the bed. Dunk went to the window and pull the blinds. The room lit up with sunlight. Joong groaned when sunlight hit him and he opened his eyes.

"Dunk? What are you doing here?" Joong said with a horse voice. Dunk understood that he clearly isn't feeling well.

"How could you get this sick in one night? You were fine yesterday."

"I don't know."

"Lego did you have breakfast?"

Lego shook his head saying no.

"Did you plan to starve him until you got better? Good think I made him memorize my number." Dunk scolded Joong without considering that he was sick.

"I was going to call Pond." Joong mumbled. But Dunk didn't hear him.

"Common Lego, Let's go and make something for you to eat." Dunk left the room with Lego and Joong looked at them with disbelief.

"Did I just get scolded by a babysitter?" Joong sighed and went back to sleep. His whole head was arching like it was hit by a big rock and he immediately fell sleep.

Joong woke up again when he felt something cold in his forehead. He opened his eyes and saw Dunk sitting beside him with a water basin.

"Oh You are awake. You have high fever.May be we should go see a doctor." Dunk said adjusting the wet towel on Joong's forehead.

"No need. I have a family doctor. Just call him. His name is Dr.Jimmy. " Joong handed his phone to Dunk. Dunk found the number and called Doctor.

"He said he'll come. Until then you can eat the porridge." Dunk said showing the bowl that was on the bedside tabel.

Joong got up with Dunk's help and took the bowl in his hands. But he was too weak to hold the spoon. Dunk had no choice but to feed him.

"Did you make it?" Joong asked after eating a one full spoon from porridge. Dunk nodded. Joong smiled weakly.

"It's delicious."

"What delicious. It's Just porridge. Shut up and eat."

After eating the whole bowl Dunk helped Joong back to bed. Dr.Jimmy arrived after awhile. Dunk let him check Joong.

"Joong, You are exhausted and you have a high fever. You need a proper rest for at least five days." Dr. Jimmy said with a serious face.

"If I rest who's going to take care of Lego and the company." Dr. Jimmy sighed on that.

"I'll call Pond and asked him to come."

"He's on a business trip. He won't be here until next weekend."

"Then? Should I appoint a nurse to take care of you. I told you thousand times already to get married again. You can't do this alone Joong."

"Ehem.." Dunk fake coughed from the door. Dr. Jimmy looked at him with an annoyed expression for disturbing him.

"Dr. Jimmy. I brought you some juice." Dunk said holding a tray.

Dr. Jimmy looked at Dunk from head to toe. Then he looked at Joong and raising his eye brow. Joong sighed before answering.

"Jim, this is Dunk. Lego's baby sitter. He is a friend of Phuwin."

"What happened to Amanda?"

"Don't even ask from me. Lego was so furious with her that he cut her bag."

Dr. Jimmy widened his eyes with surprise.

"Are you raising a little devil or what?"

"He is not a devil at all. He is such a angel." Dunk said. Dr. Jimmy gave him a sharp look and Dunk immediately shut up.

"Joong, you should take care of yourself better than this. Lego has only you. Don't forget that." Joong noded his head. Dr. Jimmy prescribed some medication to Joong and advised him to rest as much as possible. Then he said goodbye to Joong and Lego. Dunk volunteered to help him with his bag.

"Dunk, can I talk to you for a moment?" Dr. Jimmy asked when they came to the door.

"Of course Doctor."

"Actually I want to ask you a favour." Dunk noded but looked at the doctor confused.

"Joong and I were friends since collage. Joong, Pond and I are like a brothers. I know you are just here to baby sit Lego. But can you take care of Joong also for few days."

"Huh?"

"I know I have no right to ask you this. But there's no one I can ask for help." Dr. Jimmy looked like he was really desperate. Amd Dunk knew that he can't let Lego live with a sick person. So he actually had no choice.

"Dr. Jimmy, you don't worry. I will take care of him. I can't really let Lego live with him alone."

"Thank you so much Dunk. Make sure he rest well and take his medicine. If the fever doesn't go down give him a cold bath. If anything happens please call me. I'll come as soon as I can." Dr Jimmy gave a list of advices to Dunk and Dunk tried to keep in mind everything.

"I'll see you later Dunk." Dr. Jimmy said and patted Dunk's shoulder. Then he took his bag from Dunk and left the house.

Dunk closed the door and sighed. He had no idea what he got into at this point. He tried to chase away the uncomfortable feelings and went back to Lego.

A/N:

First, I did not proof read today. So sorry for the mistakes.

I may not be able to update tomorrow so here is a long chapter today.

Joong is sick. 🥲 Don't worry. Dunk will take care of him. May be something else will happen in these days. 🙈🙈

So, How is today's part? Do you like it? Please comment and vote. It encourages me to write.🙏🙏

I love you all.❤️❤️❤️❤️

P.S: Do you guys get the notifications? Does anyone know how to fix this wattpad glitch? It made me go crazy. I don't get notifications from some of my favourite stories.. 😭😭😭