03 • valentine, texas

❝ you know where to find me,
and i know where to look ❞

taking what's not yours, tv girl

From that day forward, you and Abbacchio would begin to grow even closer

From that day forward, you and Abbacchio would begin to grow even closer. He let you crash at his place most of the time, and you took up a job in the city, as a librarian, where Abbacchio would frequently visit you during his breaks.

It was now September 21st, 1999. A few months had gone by since the male first met you; and during that time, you had only grown closer than before. The two of you would have dinner together mostly every night; for the exception of when he had late night shifts, or when your supervisor asked you to stay at the library for a few hours longer before locking up.

You hummed as you rearranged the bookshelf, placing a book down and wiping your head with the back of your hand. Sometimes, your manager would allow you to borrow books from the library; as sort of an extra bonus for working there.

You had your eye on one book in specific: "No Longer Human", by totheseaandback. You heard it was about a fifteenth-century necromancer who went undercover as a woman to avoid persecution, after being thrown out by his coven for being a "traitor". 

Just as you were about to grab the book, another person grabbed it from you. "H-huh? Oh, I'm--I'm sorry. If you were gonna take it, u-uh, you can have it. My apologies."

You looked over to the source of the voice, who was a young boy, maybe thirteen or fourteen. He had shaggy strawberry blonde hair, separated into chunky bangs that fell above his face. Dull violet eyes stared into yours, and you gave him a smile, your lips etching upwards. "Don't worry about it. I heard it's a really good book!"

"E-eh? This one?" He looked down to it, blinking, and then back up to you, his face flushing slightly. "O-oh, yeah! I..heard of it..from a few others..and w-wanted to come see what it was about."

"I hope you enjoy it, then!"

Giving him a close-eyed grin, you waved to him and walked out of the aisle of books, moving onto the next one. Before you could get too far, he interrupted you, making you pause momentarily. "H-hey, if you don't mind, what's your..name?"