V

Theresa was quite literally squishing me with her ass. I don't know how she ended up on top of me or how her ass was pressing against my stomach. All I knew was that I was never sleeping with her again.

I pinched her nose until she woke up. Her eyes narrowed on mine and then she was yawning, "Cecilia? What're you doing in my room?"

I rolled my eyes, "Theresa. This is my room? Do you not remember? You didn't even drink anything crazy. It was just a few daiquiris don't be dramatic."

She frowned, her hair looked surprisingly good for someone who slept so sporadically, "Oh shit. I was supposed to be your one night stand for Evelyn! I fell asleep! Tell me everything."

I shrugged my shoulders, starting to change into my scrubs, "It was fine I think. She apologized and wants to be friends again. I told her I might call."

Theresa sat up. She blank a few times then looked at the floor, "Did she see my shoes?"

I nodded, her eyes lit up with mischievousness, "So it's settled. I'm your side bitch."

I laughed, "Sure feels like it. Now get up, we're going to be late."

We got dressed, Theresa was wearing my scrubs since hers were somewhat wrinkled. I made us coffee and she kissed my forehead with appreciation.

"Should I drive?" She sipped her coffee; holding onto her keys.

I nodded, "Yes. I parked your car, it's a little crooked but I didn't hit anything."

Theresa laughed, "I trust you Cecilia."

I was nervous as we walked over to guest parking. Theresa drove a Silver Lexus, far nicer than anything I'd ever owned. When I drove it last night, I found out several things. Her knees definitely touched the dashboard, she kept her music at full volume and she listened to hard rap music only. I skipped about ten songs all discussing gang violence and drug distribution. It actually made me laugh because Theresa was so bubbly and cheerful. How could someone so sweet be so aggressive?

I wasn't sweet. I also listened to more metal than anything else. That was my foster brother's fault. He used to burn me CD's before I got my Walkman.

So when we got in her car again and she played ice cube, I had a few thoughts when she started rapping the lyrics perfectly. Theresa was hilarious. Someone was going to absolutely love her shenanigans.

We got to work, surprisingly in one piece. Before I knew it we were clocked in and I was treating a little boy who couldn't have been older than thirteen. He stared at me like I was too young to be working at a hospital. A lot of people did.

Apparently, Theresa and I turned heads here every day. Patients often told us this as we checked vitals and ran patient history.

"Are you my doctor?" His mouth nearly falling open.

I laughed, "No I'm your nurse."

I pointed to my name tag, I hardly ever wore it but for some reason, it was perfectly pinned onto my scrubs. It was a Sunday, one of the busiest days of the week for us. Perhaps that was why I subconsciously chose to wear it.

"You're very pretty, I don't think I've ever had a pretty nurse before." He shrugged his little shoulders, a small blush creeping up his neck while I checked his chart.

"Thank you Ben, can you tell me about what brought you here?" I was reading his charts, not much medical history since he was only twelve.

He shrugged his shoulders again, probably a habit he'd acquired, "Stomach aches. They've been getting pretty bad. I didn't tell my foster parents."