𝓸𝓷𝓮

𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘀 swayed on her back as the small girl strolled quietly behind her older brother

𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘀 swayed on her back as the small girl strolled quietly behind her older brother. Dragging her suitcase behind her feet as blue doe eyes studied her surroundings. There were so, so many people. All talking within their own little groups and cliques.

She maintained her closeness to Oliver, practically stuck to his back as they traveled the short walk to the school's entrance. Feeling multiple pairs of eyes sticking to her frame like a trance.

Delilah let out a soft sigh, plump lips curling up into a tiny smile when she and her brother stopped in place. They had finally made it, they were at Oxford. Hard work really did pay off.

This was where they had to part ways. Having been giving dorms on opposite sides of the campus. The girl wrapped her arms around Oliver's waist, being embraced just as warmly as the boy smiled.

"Bye for now Ollie." Her soft voice spoke, Oliver patting her sweetly on her hair like he did when they were kids.

"Until tonight."

"Mhm, unless i get lost and can't find you.. in that case i'm skipping dinner." she mumbled. Getting a small chuckle in return from Oliver as he gave her a small kiss to her head. "Don't worry, i won't let that happen."

"You better not." Giving one last smile before the two split ways. On a journey to find their individual rooms.

Delilah looked down at her key. 222. That was her room. Bright eyes scanned every door of the hall to locate her room. She was at 212, only a few more doors to go.

As she approached the right door, the girl let out a small yelp when she was met by a tall body. The stranger having walked out of his dorm right as she was passing in front. Ouch.

"Shit. Sorry love, are you okay?" A voice questioned in concerned. Delilah craning her neck to see the owner of the voice. Sharp brown eyes staring down at her while large hands instinctively held onto her in support.

He was over a foot above her height, and the girl swallowed. Nodding her head almost timidly as her lips parted to answer. "Yeah.. i'm fine."

She watched as his lips pulled up into a smile, pierced brow lifting as he stretched out a hand to her. "I'm Felix, and you're fucking gorgeous."

Her round eyes widened, face dusted with specks of pink when she placed her hand in his. Unable to grip his hand while hers was swallowed. "Delilah."

Felix found her voice to be heavenly. His heart fluttering for the first time ever at how pretty everything about her was. "Pretty name for a pretty girl huh?"

She giggled, "That's really cliche."

"But it worked." He grinned, proud of himself for making her laugh. He glanced down at her key, realizing it was only 2 doors down from his. "I guess we're basically neighbors."

She looked at the number on his door, 220. They were extremely close indeed. "I guess we are." She was still a little flustered, ignoring the hard beating of her heart at the way he looked down at her. He was really handsome.

"So, Delilah, you know where i live. I know where you live. I'll be sure to run into you again." He winked, loving how she got under his gaze. "See you around, love."

...

Delilah settled herself into her dorm quite nicely. She was able to make a homey little space for herself. She wondered what her brother was up to, and if he had already settled in. Though she could not help her mind from wandering back to Felix.

Night had finally dawned upon the school, the girl making her way to where the dinner would be taking place. Blue eyes searched everywhere for her brother, finding him sat awkwardly in front of a nerdy looking boy.

She found herself taking the free seat next to him. Oliver sighing in relief when he saw her.

"Hi," she gave the boy across from them a wave. Him eyeing her warily before turning to Oliver. "Who is this? It can most certainly not be your girlfriend, or even a friend at that. She's too pretty."

"Oh.. er, that's my sister." Oliver was getting tired of Michael's talking. He wished he had found two seats somewhere else.

"Well she doesn't look like an outcast like you, hello. I'm Michael Gavey."

"I'm Delilah." She smiled, slowly feeling uncomfortable when he wouldn't stop staring. Unaware of the other stare directed at her back. Felix nodding absentmindedly to Farleigh's words as he admired the girl from his seat.

Their time at Oxford was barely getting started.