𝓽𝔀𝓸

𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗵'𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 played with the light pink highlighter in her hand

𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗵'𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 played with the light pink highlighter in her hand. Her lip in between her teeth as she sat in silence next to her brother in the library. Her hair was up in a bun, leaving two small pieces to frame her face while she scanned over her notes.

She and him could collectively agree on one thing, they needed to keep their grades up at Oxford. The girl sighed with a small pout, letting her cheek rest against her hand on the table.

Oliver seemed spaced. Her blue eyes following his line of sight to.. Felix? A small smile made its way to her face. She hadn't even noticed that he was sat so close to them.

She yawned, it was bright daylight outside yet she still felt tired. "Ollie." Breaking the boy out of his trance to look to her with a hum. "Do you wanna analyze something for me?" She asked softly, Oliver letting out a small chuckle with a nod. Taking her paper from underneath her arm to scan over it himself. "You're the best."

Delilah used her pencil to draw on a piece of scrap paper, adorably erasing any little mistake so that she could perfect it. That's how Felix saw it, accidentally spotting the girl when he looked up, a small smile on his face when she began swinging her feet back and forth while talking to the person next to her.

Felix could only hope it was a friend that she'd just made, or even a family member for what it was worth.

Big blue eyes met his, her cheeks dusting pink when his smile curled into a smirk, offering her a little wave to which she returned shyly.

This caught Farleigh's attention, turning around to see who had his cousin in all smiles. "Oh shit." He laughed, "I remember her. Her and her nerd brother were at my English tutoring yesterday."

"Brother?" Felix repeated in relief, finally looking away from the delicate beauty and to the boy in front of him. "Yeah, Oliver and Delilah Quick or something. It's a surprise she's not as weird," he scoffed, "and she's so fucking pretty too."

Felix hummed, a strange sense of relief having washed over him knowing that there was nothing going on between her and that guy.

At their table, Oliver looked to his sister with widened eyes, "You know him?"

"Felix? Well.. no. I sorta bumped into him on our first day here." She spoke lowly, a hint of embarrassment in her tone as she looked back down at her drawing, leaving a look of contemplation to take over Oliver's face.

He didn't want his little sister to get infatuated with Felix, partly because he wanted to be the one to weasel his way into his life. He didn't want to see her hurt either, he had taken notice that Felix seemed to not be a relationship type of person. But.. it would make things so much easier, so much simpler.

Michael came stalking up to the table, taking a seat next to Delilah with a smile. "Did you two know there was a college Christmas party tonight?" Not giving either of the two a chance to answer before he continued. "NFI, me and you, Oliver. Not fucking invited."

"I'm sure anyone can go." Delilah interjected politely, tired of hearing Michael talk down on himself and her brother.

"Of course you would say that, you actually got invited." He remarked, "Oh don't play dumb, i checked your pigeon hole. An invitation in all its glory."

"I didn't-"

"But it's okay Oliver, i mean who wanted to go to their stupid party anyways." He cut her off. The girl huffing in annoyance before eyeing her brother for his terrible taste in friends.

"I'm not going." Delilah shrugged, sat on Oliver's dorm bed with her legs beneath her.

"Why?"

"Because you're not going. I'm gonna be lonely." She frowned, allowing herself to fall back on his pillows.

"I think you should go." He really did, with the hope that she would run into Felix there. "Don't worry, i'll be fine. Go and have fun. Big brother's orders." He grinned, making them both fall into a short fit of laughter.

"But.." Oliver shook his head. "No buts, i'll be good. I promise, okay? And you'll be just fine too." Not dropping eye contact until she finally agreed.

The girl got ready when night time hit. Giving Oliver a hug before making her way to the party. Colorful flashing lights shining brightly onto her frame as she ventured into the room. Her body filled with nothing but nervousness when she felt eyes turning to her, practically glued to her body as she walked.

Delilah had already decided that it was not her scene, regretting letting Oliver convince her to go 'have fun.' Especially when she barely knew how. She was tempted to turn back, not liking the look on guys' faces as they smirked at her.

She got herself a cup of fruit punch. Taking slow sips as she watched the party unfold. She let out a soft gasp of startle when a hand landed on her shoulder. A blond guy chuckling as she looked down at her, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I'm Jackson." He smiled, Delilah smiling back when she took his hand, "Delilah."

"You're very very pretty Delilah." He complimented with a lazy grin. Their conversation going on back and forth until she shifted on her feet uncomfortably.

Jackson had started to get too close to her for her own liking, his hand on her arm as he flirted. Slowly caging her into the table of drinks.

"Um.." she spoke timidly, "Can you back away a little." Her gentle voice going ignored as the guy continued talking. A scowl on his face when a hand turned him roughly by his shoulders. "She's with me. Get the fuck out of here mate." Felix fumed, watching as the guy swallowed hard before scurrying off.

Felix smiled, "You alright love?" He'd been staring in awe from the second she stepped inside, immediately being able to spot that change in her composure at Jackson's proximity.

"Yeah." She sounded timid, her thankful smile making his heart take a faster beat as his eyes ran over her. She looked amazing, she was just so naturally breathtaking. Perfection to its maximum. "I'd be a fool to leave a pretty girl standing here by herself, would you like to dance?"

A small giggle falling past her lips when her heart rate sped up. "Sure." Allowing him to take her hand just as the song changed, pulling her onto the dance floor. Admiring how the lights shone onto her face as she scanned her surroundings.

Slowly becoming more comfortable with him as the night went on. It was a friendship in the blossoming, that much was certain. Felix liked her, she was almost like a breath of fresh air. And she liked him, finally deciding to allow herself to be less reserved at Oxford.

She didn't need another situation of people labeling her as the school's weirdo. So far, it was going great.