Chapter 1 - Remus

Remus awoke to the loud, angry beeping of the alarm clock on his nightstand, blindly reaching out and pressing a random assortment of buttons before the thing shut up

Remus awoke to the loud, angry beeping of the alarm clock on his nightstand, blindly reaching out and pressing a random assortment of buttons before the thing shut up. The clock read 5:02, and Remus breathed deeply into the dark, quiet room. The only sound being the radio he had left on overnight; which was currently playing "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out", by The Smiths.

He eventually stood up with a groan, shoulders sore and stiff before he stretched, switching on the dim lamp on the dresser and stepping over to his closet to shift through it for a towel.

Remus spent a solid few minutes fussing over his hair once he'd finished his shower before evidently giving up and creeping his way to the kitchen, trying not to wake his parents who were blissfully asleep just down the dark hallway.

The kitchen was dimly lit by the lights that hung above the sink, casting dark shadows as Remus reached up for the cereal. James, the football captain, had always judged him for this, claiming that he should be consuming a solid breakfast every morning to keep up with his health. However, Remus had always judged James for being a stuck-up idiot.

Breakfast was over and done with soon enough, Remus lazily throwing the plastic bowl in the general direction of the kitchen sink and shuffling back to his room to prepare for the emotional impact of morning practice and school.

A burst of fresh morning air broke into the room as he pushed the front door open, grabbing his car keys and trudging toward the vehicle, his bag carelessly thrown over his shoulder.

Remus climbed in and started the car, sending a goodbye text to his mom in case she'd woken up and forgotten where he'd be. The drive to school was dark, it was that time of day when the sky is decently bright but the shadows haven't quite caught up yet. It was peaceful.

Pulling into the student parking lot slightly early, Remus reached out for his phone to read whatever nonsense James had to say to the group chat at this ungodly hour. Satisfied with the usual reminders and useless motivational quotes or speeches being sent, he started aimlessly scrolling through recent posts.

Unfortunately, as it seems, nobody can ever escape the wrath of the overly optimistic James Potter. Almost immediately after opening the app, a post from James' account popped up. Potter himself was pictured in most, along with a dude who Remus could only assume was some kind of rich model guy. The boy had long, silky, black curly hair that was tied into a small ponytail in the back, the rest of it falling in front of his face and framing his perfect jawline.

Remus gazed at the photo for just a moment, his curiosity peaked, and clicked on the tagged account. The username read 'sirius.ly', and of course the guy had to have a wicked cool name too, Remus thought to himself.

Though his thoughts were soon interrupted by James himself knocking on the window of his car. Remus shook his head, shutting off his phone and stepping outside, greeting the other boy with a handshake, "Morning, Potter."