Clowns

I stared in horror as the elevator doors closed on Mom. A pit fell in my stomach. I can't believe she would leave me here. She has left me at restaurants before but none with giant robot clowns. There's no way I'm going to go through any of these doors when there's a chance I'm going to find Baby behind one.

I sit down close to the elevator, curled into a ball, waiting until my mom comes back. Clearing my mind, I push out thoughts of Baby bursting out of one of these doors and tying a balloon around my neck, making me float to the ceiling and struggle as I desperately try to untie it. But I can't because she tied it so tight and I'm slowly losing air so I--

No No No!

I push out the thoughts even harder and replace them with happy ones. Like...going to the ice cream shop with Mom-- no-- with...my new best friend. We get strawberry ice cream together and a cookie too. We also got a donut, and some chips, plus fries, and lots and lots of food...I'm so hungry. I can't sleep like this. I get up and go to the party room door; hesitating for a long while, groping the knob and slightly opening the door. I peek in...it's Baby. Equipped with the red hair, white make-up, red cheeks, and eerie smile that every clown has. She had green eyes, a crop red top, and red skirt. I almost slam the door shut when I see a table with a pizza box, paper plates, paper cups, and a pitcher of fruit punch. It's really close to the door, and the stage is far from the door. I take another look at Baby and she's not moving, she could be turned off. I take another look at the table. I open the door a little more and look at Baby. She's still turned off. I keep an eye on Baby as I slowly and quietly make my way straight to the table and sit at the seat closest to the door.

As soon as I sit down, music plays, and Baby turns on. She sings lyrics that fit the rhythm of the song. I jump in surprise but I don't get up from my seat. Somehow, seeing her perform was less scary than seeing her stand there silently. I get myself pizza and pour myself a drink. I only look away from Baby when absolutely necessary. Once I have my food set up, I eat while wa tching Baby. I end up eating three pizza slices before getting full. I finish my second cup of juice and wipe my mouth. Baby said the last line in her song before shutting down. The music cut off with her. She was back to standing still and looking creepy. Good thing I'm done eating. I get up from my chair and push it in.

Suddenly, Baby spits in half!

Her top half falls back but stays attached to her body, her bottom half stays still. I quickly back away to the door. From her stomach, a claw extends holding an ice cream.

The ice cream has to be a trick! It must be poisoned!

I back out of the room and close the door shut. If I go to sleep now she'll definitely sneak up on me and kill me. I look away at the doors and at the signs. "Gallery Room", "Funtime Auditorium", and "Bathrooms". I don't know what an "auditorium" is but it must be loud. If I go in there then she'll be so overwhelmed with the noise that she'll give up on me. I run away from the party room and follow the sign pointing to the auditorium.

I don't stop running until I'm inside.

---

Author: Me

Editor: David