Chapter Dos.

Rai-Lynn::

Two weeks have passed since that argument took place. I hate that it had to turn out like that but it is what it is. But to make things a little better, I plan to talk to Aaquil later. Just to let him know that I'm over the situation and that I'm willing to let him see Perfection.
Not only that but I think it's time he knows about the baby.

As I strapped Perfection into her car seat I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Uh, yes. Rai-Lynn?"
"Speaking."
"This is nurse Braxton from Grady Hospital. Due to an emergency we'd like for you to come join us."
"What kind of emergency?"
"It's about your boyfriend, Aaquil. He's been in a terrible accident an-"
"Say no more."

And with that I hung up the phone. I quickly slid my phone into my back pocket as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Mommy." Perfection interjected causing me to lose my train of thought.
"Change of plans baby girl."
"But why? I wanna go to the park to see Aaron."
"Who?"
"My boyfriend mama, keep up."
"Girl bye. But anyway, the park can wait."
"No it can't."
"Do you wanna see daddy or not?"
She sighed.
I swear she is just a stubborn lil thang.
"I wanna see daddy but-"
"Perfection, listen to me. It's important that we got see daddy now."
"Okay mama fine."

I drove off without saying another word. God, I hope he's okay.

~

Once we arrived at the hospital I felt my eyes start to burn. I haven't been here since my mom died last April and I never planned on returning.
Every time I've been here, something tragic happens.

First my uncle.

Then my grandfather.

Then my mother.

I've lost all of those people and right now I'm hoping like hell I don't lose Aaquil.

No matter how much we argue or how much we fight and claim we hate each other, at the end of the day we know where we stand.

and I mean, sure we argue a lot but that has never changed how I feel about him. And he knows it. Cause he's forever gonna be my baby.

"Where the fuck is my brother at?" I heard a familiar voice scream causing me to jump and lose my train of thought once more.

"Khalif," I sighed. "Just calm down."
He turned to look behind him as if someone were standing there.
"Who?" He said sarcastically. "I ain't calming shit down."
"Nigga, will you please stop all that damn cussing in front of my daughter! She don't need to hear allat."
"My fault niece." He apologized to Perfection. "What hell happened anyway?"
"I don't know." I admitted. "They didn't really tell me when they called. And then me and Perfection had a little bit of an altercation-"
"Excuse me." A soft toned lady interrupted our conversation. "are you guys here to see Aaquil Brown by any chance?"
"Yes ma'am." I replied.
"Okay well he requested to see Khalif first and then Rai-Lynn. So if you guys could just follow me."

I picked up Perfection and follow the lady around a few corners and onto an elevator. We eventually arrived to the top floor where the nurse had me sit, meanwhile Khalif entered room 1638.

Shortly after the nurse exited the room and took a seat beside me.
"You doing alright?"
"I'd be even better if you told me what the fuck happened." I low key snapped.
"Nurse Braxton didn't tell you when she called?"
"No she just said due to an emergency-she never told me what happened." I calmed my voice and waited for the lady to respond.
"Well earlier today there was a wreck on the highway near Spaghetti Junction and Aaquil was one of the six cars involved in it. And investigators believe he was the cause of it."
"I doubt that."
"Long story short, he was tooken into surgery immediately."
"So he's gonna be okay right?"
"Well..-"
Her words were cut off by The door swinging wide open. Khalif wiped his eyes before approaching me. "She doesn't need to go in." He said while grabbing Perfection from my hands.
I then gave myself enough strength to go inside. I took a deep breath and entered cautiously.

He looked terrible.

"Aaquil," I said weakly. "Baby w-what happened?"
"Life happened."
"Come on, don't talk like that."
He shrugged. "Why not?"
The calmness in his voice scared the shit outta me.
"Aaquil," I felt myself becoming emotional. "Just tell me what happened."
He sighed. "I felt bad about the other night . I was thinking about it all day and I just wanted to talk to you. But knowing how you are you weren't gonna talk to me." He stopped. His voice started breaking and a few tears ran down his cheeks. "I uh, realized that I was in the wrong. And I started reminiscing on life and how often I did you wrong. Then I drove by a liquor store."
"Aaquil, no. You were drunk driving?"
"That made me wanna talk to you even more, trafic got out of control so I sent you a text. But you didn't respond fast enough so I sent you more and by the time I realized I was going the wrong way on a one way, it was uh, too late for me to stop. So I let it happen."
"WHAT THE HELL AAQUIL?! You could have fucking died!"
"But I didn't!"
"Did you even think of Perfection?!"
"It was all I could fucking do, Rai-Lynn! I'm over here fight for my damn life and you're snapping on me."
"I'm sorry.." I said sincerely. "But , I have something to say."
He looked in my direction.
"I love you." I simply stated. "The other night when I said I hated you, I didn't mean it. You're my world-next to Perfection and I want you to know that-"

A loud beeping sound filled the room as Aaquil just stared in my direction.

Within seconds a bunch of doctors and nurses bursted into the room and rush me out.

I face stayed frozen in a shocked expression as I met up with Khalif in the waiting room across the hall.
"What the fuck happened?!" Khalif asked.
"Code blue," the lady said. "Somebody's dying."
"Aaquil?" Khalif asked.
"Mama?" Perfection'a soft voice spoke. "What's wrong?"
"I-I'm pregnant."
"What?" Khalif asked shockingly.
"I'm pregnant. And he doesn't know. I tried to tell him."

Khalif pulled me in close and allowed me to sob on his shoulder.

This story took a very emotional turn.

That just happened, lol.

1+ comments to continue.