Chapter 5

Even before she became a dancer, Liv hadn't exactly been a stranger to strip clubs. When she worked at Hooters, some of her former co-workers were also dancing, so she would visit to support them. She had gone to various bachelorette parties and sometimes just with friends out of curiosity. She'd never been the guest of honour at a strip club party before, but after her celebration at the Corner Shop stretched into the wee hours of the morning, she decided that from that point on, all her birthday parties were going to be at a strip club.

Asha had shut down the club on one of its quieter nights, though Liv said she was happy to have a daytime farewell party. Almost all the dancers she knew popped in at some point, even if some of them couldn't stay for long: Lila had to work on her thesis, but she made a point of coming in to wish Liv well and do a quick dance; Farrah couldn't come because her daughter was sick, so she sent in a video instead. Everyone was generous with their tips, and most of the dances were inspired either by Liv's wrestling gear or her performances as Marley.

"This is one of the most surreal parties I've been to," Rhea whispered in her ear, "and you know that's saying something."

Liv leaned against her shoulder and beamed up at her. When Rhea came into the club that fateful day months ago, she had been terrified by the prospect of her worlds colliding. Now Liv couldn't imagine things unfurling any other way. She was grateful to have another chance in WWE, but she would always cherish her time at the Corner Shop as well. "They're such a great group. I'm really going to miss everyone."

Maura, the dancer who had trained her, nudged her from the next table over. "You're welcome back anytime, in the crowd or on stage."

"You're welcome to come back too, Rhea," Cindy added with a wink. She never did get the chance to give Rhea a lap dance and always teased Liv about it, especially now that she knew they were dating. It had been Cindy's idea to invite Rhea to the private party and, much to Liv's delight, everyone was cool with it.

Liv wrapped her arms around Rhea and shook her head. "Not on stage," she said. "I'm not sharing."

Rhea just laughed. "Hey, now. I shared you for months and you didn't hear me complaining."

"That's because you got the good lap dances at home," Cindy teased, standing up and heading for the stage.

"Thank you for coming," Liv said to Rhea, leaning in close when Cindy's music started. "I know you're sort of the odd one out, but it means a lot to me."

"Of course I'd come." Rhea kissed her cheek. "I love seeing people appreciate you. And if I get to watch you dance on stage again one more time," she added with a smirk, "well, that's just a bonus."

Liv kissed her before sitting back. "I could get a stripper pole installed in my house. Maura has a whole studio for practising, so I'm sure she could recommend someone."

"There's already a business card in your gift bag," Maura interjected, grinning widely, "and a gift card. Even if you don't keep dancing, the pole is good for stretching."

"Maybe you should incorporate some dancing moves into your repertoire," Rhea whispered. "We could work on that in practice."

"Pretty sure Hunter would veto that in a hurry." Liv hooted and cheered as, one by one, her now-former co-workers took to the stage and performed. Since it was a private function, the security guards weren't strictly necessary, but they were invited as part of the crew, and it was nice to see them be able to relax and enjoy the shows too. After Grace finished her dance and gathered up her tips, Liv stood up. "That's my cue."

Rhea looked around in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Liv shot her a wink and started weaving her way through the tables. "You'll see in a minute."