Chapter 69

"past"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"How does it feel to be benched?" Nathan asked Andrew who was shooting baskets with his team despite sitting out.

"Shitty." He responded as his three-pointer went in with the perfect swish. Whitey like always kept his word by keeping his co-captain on the bench due to him being late to practice before everything happened. "But I deserve it, especially how I handled it. I apologized to Coach and hopefully, I won't be that stupid again."

Nate nodded his head and asked, "Why were you ticked off? Don't get me wrong it's upsetting having to sit a game, but it also seemed like you were just... off."

"Yeah, that's just probably because of my dad's return. You know how the added pressure is when your dad comes around. It's no different from mine."

The young Scott brother acknowledged his words before asking, "Is he coming?"

Andrew shook his head, "No, he had some work to do." He answered but Nate was waiting for more truth to it. "And he doesn't want to see me riding the bench." It was not a nice moment, to say the least when Andrew told David he wouldn't be playing.

Nathan smiled as he got his friend to share the truth before shooting his shot as Andrew scanned the court that held the opposing team and the Ravens to see one teammate was missing.

"Where's Lucas?" He asked causing Nate to stop his small shoot-around as looked for his older brother.

"He should... be out by now," Furrowing his brows as he realized no one in the gym was Luke. "Let me check the locker room." He told his co-captain before jogging off.

"Hey, sexy," Rachel kissed his cheek making Andrew turn to smile at the girl. "You looked lost so thought I would keep you company."

"You can keep me company by sitting the game out with me." Sharing a cheeky smile on his face which made Rachel respond with hers until she spoke again.

"I don't think so. Your ex-girlfriend would love that too much." She replied looking over at the brunette who was talking to her best friend.

"Why can't you two just be done with all the back and forth? You two can try to be civil for once." He told her as she just rolled her eyes.

"Okay well, what about you and Mouth, you guys seem back to normal." Andrew brought up provoking Rachel to stiffen at the change of topic. "Are you going to tell me why he was upset with you?" Looking at her intently, wondering if she would answer his question.

It was obvious to the boy with an observant eye that something was going on between Rachel and Mouth. Andrew noticed it from a little time before the trip, how quiet they were. Yet, by the end of the little vacation, the tension that was among the two was gone and they were back to being friends. Usually, Andrew would shrug it off but by how upset Mouth was, it seemed there was more to it than just a common dispute.