Season 1: Chapter 1. heart of a hero

I opened my eyes and rubbed the sleep off, i open my curtains as the bright light outside fills the room.

It was a normal day in masutafu, as always, i decide to get dressed before I head out to school.

"Time to get up, sleepy head!" My mother calls out from the hall.

I snicker as I reply with "Your too late, mom."
"You're gonna be too late for SCHOOL if you don't hurry up and eat breakfast." My mother replied.

I gather my backpack as I head to the door. "I'm not really hungry," I tell her. "Bye, love you. Dont wanna be late!"

My mother smiles softly. "I love you too. Have a nice day."
I smile back as I close the door behind me. As I leave the house, my fake smile immediately fades.

Yeah. I fake my smile so my mother doesn't worry about me. I don't really wanna make anyone I care about worry.

I take my usual path to school and watch as the citizens do what they usually do while walking to school.

I find the school building and head inside and to class as I see the other people chatting with their freinds, then theirs katsuki bakugo

People like him make me think twice about wanting to help people. I hate him with every atom in my body.
But I can't let a cocky douchebag like him ruin what I strive to do, which is to become a person everyone can look up to.

The funny thing is, last time we fought, I won. You may think katsuki would beat me because the explosions he creates could make an effect of light to make my shade weaker, but I took some mixed martial arts classes that my mom got me into, so with that and my quirk, I have some advantages.

~Time skip~

"As third year students, it's time to start thinking seriously about your future and what you want to do with your lives." Our teacher says to us.
"I could pass out some career aptitude tests, but...."
He then takes the sheets of paper and throws them to the side without a care.

"Why bother?! I know you all want to go to the hero course!"
He exclaims, as the class cheers, using their quirks.
Except for katsuki, and the quirkless boy he picks on.

"Yeah, yeah, you all have some impressive quirks,"
Now I know that's a lie.

No offense to these guys, but everyone except me and katsuki have such useless quirks, im surprised being quirkless gets you bullied, but not having the ability to take your eyes out of your sockets, or have a nose like Pinocchio.
"But no power usage in school." Our teacher says.

"Hey, teach." Katsuki says. Great. Things are gonna get shitty now.

"Don't let me in with this bunch of losers. I'm the real deal, but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks of a busted D-lister!"