chapter 1: the enchanted arrival

the hogwarts express chugged along the tracks, steam swirling into the air of another september. luna lovegood, her blonde hair swaying as the train moved, sat by the window, gazing at the passing landscaped. the familiar sights of the wizarding world brought a sense of belonging to her.

as luna flipped through "the quibbler," her eyes were drawn to a peculiar article about mysterious occurrences in the forbidden forest. whispers of nargles. little did luna know that this year, the whispers would become more than a mere topic.

the doors to the compartment slid open, and luna looked up to see a figure standing in the doorway. a person with a cloak swirling around their frame. luna blinked, her large silver eyes studying the newcomer with interest.

"hello there," luna greeted, a smile on her lips. "i'm luna lovegood. you must be new."

the mysterious figure stepped into the compartment, revealing a smile. "oliver nightshade," he replied.

oliver took a seat across from luna, and as the train continued its journey, luna couldn't shake the feeling that something extraordinary was about to unfold. the compartment seemed to shimmer with an unspoken enchantment.

the conversation between luna and oliver flowed effortlessly, weaving through topics of magical creatures, artifacts, and wonders of the wizarding world. luna, normally accustomed to being the one with unconventional ideas, found herself captivated by oliver's unique perspective.

as the hogwarts express neared its destination, luna and oliver exchanged glances filled with unspoken promises of enchantment and discovery. little did luna know that this year, her fifth at hogwarts, would be unlike any other. the whispers of nargles were about to lead her into an enchanted encounter that would forever change the course of her magical journey.

----------

there it is, the first chapter! let me know what you thought and what you would like to see from this fanfic! all feedback is appreciated :)

xx