three (edited)

Aylin
......

Today is Saturday, and you know what that means!

"We get to spend the day with dad tomorrow!" I whisper yell at Kirsten, who is still half asleep on my bed.

"And you had to tell me that today?" She grumbles.

"Yes, now let's go get ready, I want to go skateboarding today." I say, shoving her out of bed.

She lands on the floor with a thump, groaning.

I get up, running into my bathroom.

I quickly brush my teeth and put my hair up in a silk lined shower cap so that my curls don't get ruined before I shower.

Turning the water all the way cold, I let it wake me up entirely.

Despite the occasional hot showers I take, I do very much prefer cold showers.

And yes, Kirsten has told me time and time again how weird that is.

Getting out, I dry myself off before wrapping a towel around my body and walking out.

Looking around my room, I see no sign of Kirsten, so I assume she's gone to take a shower in her room.

I walk into my closet, putting on the outfit laying across the island in my closet, which is a white, form-fitting t-shirt and really dark green overall shorts.

I only button one of the buttons holding the top piece of the overalls up, letting the other piece hang down.

Grabbing some jewelry, I end up with some gold necklaces and a bracelet, along with my butterfly ring that dad bought matching for Kirsten and I on our thirteenth birthday.

I slip on my ankle socks, then my chanclas before making my way downstairs.

I meet up with Kirsten as I walk out of my room, and she looks me up and down before walking into my room and tossing my black converse at me.

Sitting down on my bed, I slip my feet into them, lacing them up, which takes forever.

She sits there watching me, and I realize she's wearing the exact same thing I am, only this time she planned it.

We often take turns planning our outfits.

Since we have a very similar fashion taste, its not really an issue at all.

I finish my laces and grab my phone and airpods before we both run downstairs.

We each grab an apple from the fruit bowl before grabbing our skateboards and leaving the house.

It's almost nine in the morning, meaning the skate park will still be basically empty.

If we're lucky, it might be completely empty.

We eat our apples in silence while we make our way to the park.

When we reach the skate park, I toss the apple core into the trash and start doing some tricks.

Kirsten is doing tricks beside me, and we're laughing, having fun.

"Aylin! Kirsten!" We hear a voice call out to us from a distance away.

Squinting against the morning sun, I can see our friends from school, Taylor and Joel.

"Hey guys!" We call back in unison.

"How's it going?" Taylor asks when they reach us, sliding her feet around on her board in a funny dance.

Kirsten and I share a look, debating on whether or not to tell them.