❁ Chapter 2 ❁

Monday, 8th January, 7.05 am

You stood in front of the school gates, looking up at the building that was looming over you.  It looked so much bigger than it needed to be. You took a deep breath.

After a few seconds of breathing deeply, you set one foot inside.

"Y/N!!" a loud, excited voice rang through the air and reached your ears. It was the voice of a girl, and you could hear footsteps rapidly running towards you. Skinny, peach-coloured arms wrapped around your neck. You felt the weight of a body leaning against you. Someone was hugging you from behind and it didn't phase you a bit. That's because you knew exactly who this girl was. You turned your head a little and smiled slightly.

"Hey, Lydia." you greeted casually. Lydia Frederick, your best friend. You had met her in middle school, and boy, was she a character. She had dirty blonde hair that she always tied into two small pigtails at the back of her head. Starry blue eyes and freckles all over her always-smiling face. She was slim since she was active in sports. In conclusion, Lydia was a pretty girl.

She let go of you and stood right next to you, a bit of a perplexed look on her face. "You don't seem surprised at all. I didn't tell you I was going to the same high school as you, I thought you'd be shocked to see me!" she wondered aloud. You chuckled and muttered, "I kinda figured."

"What!? How!?" she whined, upset that her grand surprise had been ruined. "Well, you were being a little obvious. Like you always do, Lydia." you laughed fondly.

Lydia groaned, crossing her arms. She looked around the campus, her lively eyes scanning over the various faces. They landed on one particular (and incredibly handsome) face and let out a gasp. "Holy shit, no way someone that cute is in high school..." she whispered.

You raised an eyebrow and looked to where her gaze was trained towards. It was the boy that was by the stop sign earlier. You noticed that everyone around him was also taking their time to drink him in. It seems he had become quite the eye candy.

"Oh, it's him." you said in a completely neutral voice. Lydia's head snapped towards him. "You know him!? No way, I literally know all your friends, there's no way you know anyone that cute!" she threw a suspicious look in your direction. You smiled awkwardly and averted your gaze. "Gee, thanks..." you muttered quietly. Lydia wrapped an arm around your shoulder, leaning in to whisper to you. "But, seriously, you know him? What's his name?"

This made you pause and think. Holy shit, you had introduced yourself, but never even asked him what his name was in return. You cringed at yourself. How rude!

"Y/N?" Lydia shook you a little bit, desperate for answers. You looked at her with a troubled expression. "I saw him by the stop sign at the end of our street. I forgot to ask for his name." you murmured, a little horrified with your manners. Lydia sighed and looked back towards the boy.

"Well, damn. He's gonna get popular quick. His hair's super pretty, do you think I should dye it that colour?" she rambled excitedly. You tenderly picked up a strand of Lydia's blonde hair and twirled it around your finger. "This colour really brings out your eyes. Don't dye it."