True Power

"I wish I had never loved you..." - Aki stated as I lunged forward, the conscious part of his mind long lost to the hatred he felt towards her as he closed in, the consequence of his actions lost to him. What else had he to lose? His best friend lying alongside with tens of hundreds of corpses in the crematorium, neatly stacked over one another in a fridge cold room, about to be burned to ashes, and he himself forcefully stripped away from his own humanity.

Only a single goal in mind, to take her with him to hell for being the cause of it all; it will give him no peace of mind, nor will it restore anything.

Nothing more than a walking corpse, live-giving by hatred and resentment.

Closing in, Makima could see how his eyes reflected in the light like that of a dear, almost blinding her as she took a quick step backward. Getting out of harm's way as Aki's fist speeds through the air.

Aki pulled no punches, as he tried to go for her head with strong but quick jabs, which she dodged quickly.

Moving further back, she acknowledged just how fast he still was, his form as good as ever as his strikes looked more like that of a martial arts fighter than of a rampaging beast.

Trying to assess him further, she watched out for the chainsaw on his left arm, awaiting it to spring to live and be used any moment,  puzzled by the fact the Sword he always carried with him was nowhere to be seen.

It was almost like a dance, the moonlight shining down on the both of them as they passed by a nearby street lamp.

Aki's movements were fluid as they could be, his fist blurring from the extreme speed he there them out, coming closer and closer to hitting her as he connected his first punch, only for it to be blocked by Makiam's forearms, a sickening crack being able to be heard as if Aki's fist hit against a brick wall. The punch created a shockwave as if a strong gust of air would have pushed through the alleyway, letting her hair and coat flutter in the wind. As her long bangs covered and obscured her face, Aki went with unimaginable speed for his next move as he tried to strike her across her temple with the palm of his hand.

But coming just in time, makima pushed her head back, the bangs that had occurred on her face just now flowing down her nose as they stuck to her lips as she took a deep inhale.

Not losing any pressure, he closed in once more, swiftly swinging his feet from the side towards her waist, the tips of his shoes coming in contact with the wall of one of the buildings but doing little to stop him as his feet carved through the hard bricks effortlessly, sending dust and fragments of the wall flying towards Makima as his foot came closer to its target, striking her across her soft and delicate waist.

Trying to surpass a pained scream, Makima swallowed the air in her mouth as her right leg gave into the pressure of Aki's kick.

Trying not to slump to the ground, she shifted her entire weight towards her right food, doing her best not to lose her footing even further.

A sly soiree creed up all lips as he saw more and more opportunities arise; wanting to completely ground her, he went for another kick, a much lower one, trying to hit her tights straight above her knee, knocking just how devastating a good kick towards this spod could be.

But she saw it coming despite her vulnerable state. Lifting her left foot into the air, she made Aki miss his target.

The power his kick had packed was immense, so great in fact that it made him scatter lightly across the ground as he missed his mark, his position entirely open for a direct attack as his left side was exposed to her.

Her jaw clenched, Makima went for a punch, sure to hit him across the face, only to become witness to his unbelievable reaction speed.

She knew of his reaction speed, a trait that was greatly enhanced by his multiple contracts with devils, but this was just absurd in her mind as it seemed he could effortlessly predict her quick movement as he lifted his left hand, protecting his face as he turned towards her again, carrying the entire movement of this turn in his right hand as his fist hit with pinpoint accuracy makima square across her jaw.

She could only see blurry at this point, the skin of her cheek instantly reddening as she winced and whimpered out in the sudden pain as she stumbled backward.

Not liking to admit it to herself, she realized just how much his enhanced reaction speed would give him the edge in a fist fights she backed off, trying to get a bit of distance to try and use her abilities probably against this formidable foe.

But he didn't let loose as he chased after her with a flurry of kicks and blows like a wild rampaging dog, out for blood.

She could taste her own blood, her lips cracked open as it invaded her own mouth, the stinging sensation only now truly coming into play, but it didn't just act as an inconvenience but also as something that somewhat grounded her again, her vision once more slowly starting to clear up, only tiny blurry freckles remaining in her left eye.

And so both once more proceed to dance along the empty streets, makima, being clearly at a disadvantage as she deliberately traced back her way, ready to turn the tides of the battle as she held her left hand out behind her, trying to grasp the Camaro's hood, trying her best of dodged his strikes.

Finally being able to grasp it, she did not lose a single second as she slid across it, glad to make a certain distance.

Swiftly turning around to look at him, she began to concur up already something, a fierce look on her face as Makima took this now as seriously as she should have done it before.

Makima began to glide the palms of both her hands against one another, blood gushing from where both of her palms graced each other.

Aki closed in as best as he could, not wanting to expose himself to a sudden attack he moved around the hood of the car as he watched her blood run down her entire hand and in between her long fingers.

She continued to move backward all the time. The only thing that could be heard was her steps on the hard concrete till one of the many drops of blood flowed along her nail before dropping to the ground.

It was as if every sound was suddenly absorbed, funneled, and guided along the ground as a deep rumble echoed out from below their feed, a deep gurgling sound coming from the edge of the street they stood at.

The sound of irregular and forceful movement, along with the water tides, sounded out from the sewer canal's storm train. Before there was a sudden... Peace....

There was a deafening silence as Aki switched his face back and forth between Makima and the storm drain, he knew whatever she had in store could be a considerable inconvenience at best and a death sentence at worst... , so he stood there, his body shaking from the fury as it fell him hard to hold back...

But something told him to be mindful, to not take the silence as something to be granted... especially as makima didn't move an inch, her hands still in the same position as now a relatively small puddle of blood started to form under her, a puddle that grew ever larger with every second...

Suddenly, the low rambling sound once more echoed out from the storm drain, but now along with it, a brownish and hazel substance flowing out of it, one drop after another as before suddenly an entire fountain of dirt and waste water shot out from the drain, breaking of the old and rusted bars with ease as they went send flying, it was as if Makima had tiled the entire sewage system below them on its head with merely the movement of her hands.

But the grime and dirt that shot out from the sewer was barely an inconvenience till all suddenly heard a squeaking and kissing sound came along in unison with the rushing of the water, at first silent, barely audible as it grew louder and louder...

It also fell silent,. .. only for at once a cascade, a literal fountain of blood to shoot and spray out of the storm drains opening, coating the streets in blood to the horror of Aki...

A foul smell came to the surface as, along with the blood, hundreds of rat carcasses spewed onto the street. Their intestines and parts of their skin and bones run aground and stranded onto the crimson streets, most of their bodies ripped to shreds by the force of the fountain of blood that shot them out from their ground.

But Makima didn't stop; she was about to call out every single rat that lived within the local sewer system out, whether they would come willingly or by force, as she titled and twisted the ground beneath both their feet.

The blood on Makima's feed would have by now grown to a large puddle if it hadn't already mixed with the sewers garbage and waste a long time ago...