Chapter 03; Alice Cullen

Jemma's POV

~~~Previously~~~
Bella's attention is now riveted to the large outside double doors of the cafeteria. I glance over as well to see them swing open as four of the most gorgeous people I've ever seen enter in seemingly slow motion.

Three guys, and a girl, all chalky pale, purplish shadows under their eyes...and all devastatingly beautiful. They move through the room with effortless ghostlike grace, and take a seat at a table furthest from ours. Bella leans over to Jessica who slightly recoils at her breasts now dangling over her boyfriend's head "Who are they?" She eagerly demands as she rudely points at the new arrivals.

Jessica gives her a bland look as she gently nudges her shoulder back and makes her sit in her seat before she says "The Cullens."
~~~Now~~~

I frown in confusion and look as Lauren and ask "Who?" This in turn causes everyone to huddle in together with Jessica and Katie swinging into gossip mode.

"They're Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago" Katie informs me "They mostly keep to themselves, not that I blame them" Lauren chimes in making my frown deepen "Why?" That causes Jessica to burst in excitement as if she had been waiting for me to ask that "Because they're all together. Like, together together. Well, sort of all together."

I look to Lauren who elaborates "The Hale twins-Dr. Cullen's biological niece and nephew- The blondes are with their aunt and uncle's foster son, Emmett" "The girl, Rosalie Hale, and the boy is her brother, Jasper. The big guy in the middle with dark-hair that's Emmett..." Eric points out.

I look and see three senior age teens walking in a three man row. A large, bear like dark-haired man with a goofy and childish facial expression walked in the middle of two blondes that looked almost identical with their lean forms, golden locks, and statuesque facial features. The only real way to tell the two apart was the fact that one had boobs, and her hair ended at her mid-back while her twin's ended just above his shoulders.

"They're seriously a thing? Is that even legal?" Bella chimed in earning look from everyone "They're not related. Rosalie and Jasper only share Emmett. It's 100% legal" was the short and curt answer she received from Tyler before we resumed our conversation, or at least tried to since Bella interrupted "But they live together! And all three of them? Doesn't that mean that guys are fags?"

She received disgusted looks but before anyone could say anything she averts her attention away from the throuple and onto the other boy "What about him? He gay too?" The boy looks up as if he's heard her with an offended look.

Lauren scoffs and says "No. That's just Edward Cullen. The biological son of the good doctor and his missus, total homophobe and stuck up asshole" Lauren turns to me and says "Don't waste your time on him, you deserve a better person" I open my mouth to reassure her but Bella once again interrupts "I wasn't planning on it."

Lauren then deadpans at her and says "I was talking to Jemma" Bella looks back at us in embarrassment and everyone chuckles at her expense making her glare at me.

I rolled my eyes and accidentally caught sight of a lone girl staring at me from by the door. Her face was happy as if I was exactly the person she wanted to see, but when we made eye contact her face seemed to light up even more.

She was definitely a Cullen. Same eye bags, same glowing skin and eyes, but she was the prettiest one yet. Aphrodite nor Venus could compare to her. Her milk white skin glowed like the moon giving her an angelic look, and her night black hair was styled in a cute pixie cut and contrasted against it beautifully in a way I've never seen before nor could've pictured in my wildest dreams.

Looking at her made my heartbeat speed up so fast that it would've put a hummingbird's to shame.

It seems that Lauren noticed my unanswered question because she leaned over and whispered "That's Alice Cullen. She's single and openly bisexual" I looked at her in surprise. I immediately tried to downplay it "Oh, that's cool I guess. Thanks for the heads up" I went back to my food, even though I'd lost my appetite.

Lauren's eyes never left me as Tyler wrapped his arms around her, his eyes were on Alice who deflated and slunk towards her siblings that were awaiting her.

~~~timeskip~~~
It was the last class of the day and as soon as I walked in my eyes immediately landed on Alice who had the only empty seat next to her.

I hesitatingly sat down next to her, and kept my eyes trained on my lap. My heart beat was fluttering about my ribcage like a trapped butterfly and my palms sweaty.

"Hi! I'm Alice Cullen" she cheerily said in a wind chimey voice that made my insides melt in adoration. I couldn't speak for a moment which caused her to add "You're Jemima Swan?" I swallowed nervously and started chewing on my lip in a desperate attempt to get my mouth to work properly.

Alice sighed disappointedly and turned away from me with a sad frown on her face that made my heart lurch "Jemma!" I blurted out with a crack in my voice causing me to clear my throat and try again "My friends call me Jemma" Alice's face lit back up and she asked "Does that mean I can call you Jemma too?"

I finally look at her fully and smile as say "Yeah, it does" which earned me a smile that put the sun to shame.

..... this was the end of me. That smile that I would do anything for.