Witches Before Wizards

A/N It's another chapter! Getting to know a little more about Ashton as the two stumble around bonesborough! Squeeee, it was fun to write this chapter. I've taken to trying to draw some promo art, usually based off Dana's art in some form, to post with the release of the new chapters! I've also just been doing a bunch art in general in my sketchbooks with Ashton so if ya wanna see some more, I've actually made in instagram account to dedicated to my page. Neo doesn't have access to it, (mostly because they don't like using phones or the internet lol) so it's just me over there. It's probably one of the best places to contact me if you wanna so check it out. The user is @lost_abandoned_souls, and I'll be posting mostly pictures on there. Okay, okay, you can read the story now sorry!

Ashton woke up as the sun illuminated the room in an orange glow. King and Luz were still sleeping, so he quietly grabbed his t-shirt and bandana before heading to the bathroom. After washing up, he put his vigilante outfit back on and decided to work out. He went to the yard so he didn't have to worry about waking anybody up; well, aside from Hooty as the door-tube was already awake.

"Hey Ashton! Sleep well~?" Hooty asked as the teen was doing his push-ups.

"Well enough," he grunted. '45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50; that should be good for now,' he thought to himself. He started jogging around the house, enjoying the quiet rustling of trees and the distant sounds of waves splashing against shores. He never did anything too intense for his work-outs but seeing as how he had gotten captured the other day, he was pushing himself a little harder then usual. He lapped the building once, twice, thrice, before Hooty's shrill 'ow' rang through the air. He paused his running to see Hooty leaving the bathroom window, Luz calling out an apology after him.

"Good Morning, Ashton!" Luz waved out the window and he awkwardly waved back before he started his jogging again. He did a couple more laps before deciding to head inside for some sort of food.

He walked inside and headed to the kitchen where Eda was drinking, King was eating, and Luz was...taking a traffic cone off of her head? 'She should come to New York, she'd fit right in.'

"A magic staff huh, you really want one?" Eda asked, tilting her mug in Luz's direction.

The teen's eyes sparkled as she grinned brightly. "More than anything." Ashton walked over and grabbed an apple from the counter, unnoticed by the rooms occupants. He leaned against the fridge as he bit into his breakfast. Strangely enough, the apple was 'bloodied' inside, the apple juice being a dark, blood-like red color. He shrugged it off and took another bite.

Eda held out her hand with a small smirk. "Magic staff, come to me!" Luz, Ashton, and King stared at the open doorway as a series of crashes rang through the house. The staff suddenly flew through the doorway and smacked Eda in the face before falling to the floor. She grabbed the staff with a groan. "It's early. Now witches are awarded their staffs from school. With me as your teacher, you'll be taking a different approach." She grabbed a large sack off the ground and dropped it in front of Luz, potions spilling out of the bag and onto the floor. "You'll have to work for it."

She led Luz into the living room and Ashton followed curiously, grabbing the sack off the floor as they went. Eda turned to smirk at the girl, startling back when she saw Ashton. "Jeez kid, make some noise when ya walk, will ya?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

The vigilant merely smirked, finishing off his apple. "Nah, this is more fun, boss." Luz screamed as she whirled around to stare at Ashton, who merely tossed the core in the trash.

"How long have you been there?!" She asked bewildered.

He smirked at the teen. "Long enough to see you wearing a traffic cone, Noceda."