FastLife | Chapter 17

Lex's POV:

We all gathered around each other. Alena wanted to watch us so she sat on my lap. Kevin rubbed his hands together. "Who's going first?" I handed Alena my gift for Kat and whispered in her ear. She jumped up and walked over to her. "Her auntie Kat. This is for you!" I smiled and she opened her box. "PINK UGGS?! ALEXA." I laughed and hugged her. "I'm glad you like them! Kat who did you have?" She pushed the box to the group. "I had Dani!! Here you go!" Dani thanked her and opened the wrapping. "A stand mixer! I've been wanting one to start baking with the girls! Thank you so much!!" She pulled a bag from behind her back. "I had Angela! I hope you like it!" Angela gasped as she reached into the bag. "A record player?!! I love this so much!!" Dani giggled. "Theres more!" She felt deeper in the bag. "FASTLIFE ON VINYL!" We all laughed. We love Fastlife by Joe Jonas around here. Angela fake cried. "I can't top this. But here you go Kev!" Kevin grabbed his box. "These boots are sick!!! These babies are coming on tour with me!" He showed the group and then handed Frankie a bag. "Frankie this is yours." Frankie smiled and opened it. "No way!! A custom sewer rat jacket!! Thanks man! I love it!" He hugged Kevin and smiled. "Joe you're up. I had you." Joe opened his gift slowly. "Sweet man! Leather pants! I should bring these out for the tour!" Angela nodded and Kat and I agreed. "Nick, brother. I had you." He slid Nick's gift over to him and waited patiently. "New Golf clubs! Thanks bro! I love them!" He shifted awkwardly. "I guess that leaves me. Here you go, Lex. I had you." I swallowed hard and slid the wrapping paper off. "A painting of me and my mom?" I looked up at him. He looked down. "I just thought you'd like to have an updated photo and since you can't take one, I had one created." He rubbed the back of his neck as I held back tears. "Thank you, Nick. It's perfect." I smiled and felt comfortable for the first time this whole night. If Nick cared this much about me, I can forgive him for lying. Joe shot up out of his seat. "Are we doing game night?" Nick nodded. "Yeah. I just wanna shower first so wait for me. He headed upstairs and his absence made me realize that I want to be anywhere that Nick is.

I crept upstairs slowly. I could hear the water running from outside the bathroom. It's now or never. Just tell him you forgive him. I slid into the bathroom and removed my clothes quietly. I stopped in my tracks when I heard him talking to himself. "You've got this, Nick. Just show Lex how much she means to you and hopefully she will take you back." My heart melted and I slid the curtain back so I could step in with him. "Lex?!" I pulled him to me and kissed him slowly. He lifted me, pushing my back into the shower wall. "I don't want a world without you, Nick." He rested his head on my shoulder. His body seeming to ease. "I'm so in love with you." I smiled and looked in his eyes. "Show me." He smirked. "My pleasure..."