So Serious | Chapter 21

Lex's POV:
beep....beep....beep....beep
"She's going to be fine, Mr. Jonas. Looks like she hyperventilated to the point of making herself unconscious."
Who did? Me? Where am I? It's so cold. My arms hurt. My legs are sore. I blinked my eyes open.
"Lex?!" I looked over to my left, barely able to speak. "Joe?" I tried to clear my throat but my mouth was so dry I could barely swallow. He ran his fingers through his hair. "Thank God. We were worried sick." I looked around. Okay so I'm in a hospital. I'm hooked up to a machine and it's only me and Joe. "Where is everyone? Where's Nick?" "He's at your apartment. He's trying to find out who did this to you." I coughed. "Olivia." Joe gasped. "What??!" I nodded. "Olivia and Roscoe." He balled his fists. "We're gonna fix this." I grabbed his hand. "Please get me out of here before you fix anything." We laughed and he went to go speak to the nurse.
____
Joe was helping me through the door when I saw him. In all of his anger he was still beautiful. His hair messy, his face full of tears, and tequila on the counter. He rushed to me. "Baby! Oh my god. Are you okay?! What happened? Tell me who did this right now." I hugged him and held his face. "Nick, calm down. We can talk about this calmly." I sat down and he pulled me into his lap. "Please tell me what happened baby?" I fixed his hair. "Olivia wanted to ruin your life by taking out the one thing you cared most about." I could see the anger building in him. "Nick, it's okay. Let it go." He placed me onto the couch and went into my bedroom, slamming the door. I looked up at Joe and he shrugged. "You're really important to him Lex. He's not taking this lightly no matter how much you ask." I sighed and went after Nick. "Baby? Can I come in?" He opened the door. "It's your room." I kissed him and hugged him tight. "We're gonna solve this with an in between okay? I know you're angry. But you are in the public eye." He sighed and put his forehead against mine. "You're staying with me. Pack your things." I knew protesting would make things worse so I did as he said and grabbed whatever I'd need.
______
I woke up a few hours later from a nap and Nick was staring at me. "Afraid I'll leave the apartment in my sleep?" He put my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. "I've had time to calm down. But I had to bring peace to my mind and it's you." I smiled and kissed him, sitting in his lap. "You are entitled to be angry. I just don't wanna see 'Jonas Brother kills ex over new girlfriend' on the news tonight." He laughed and rubbed my arms. "I dont know what I would've done if I hadn't found you." I kissed him slowly. "Well, now I'm in your apartment so it looks like we don't have to find out. Shower with me?" I got off of the bed and headed towards the bathroom, stripping my clothes as I walked. He smirked and followed, picking me up and walking into the shower with me in his arms. I leaned back into the water and drenched my hair. His peace of mind is just as important as mine. I looked in his eyes. "What do you need in order to feel better?" He put me down and gently pushed me against the shower wall. "You." He smirked and looked down. I kissed his chest and turned my back to him. "I'm right here..."
_____
Nick gave me one of his tshirts to lay in. I put deep conditioner in my curls and sat on his bed. "Would you like to talk about what happened?" He layed down next to me. "Yes please." I held his hand and recalled the story, his body growing sad. "I'm sorry, Lex. This wouldn't have happened if I wasn't in your life." I kissed his hand. "I want you in my life. You're stuck with me now." He smiled and pulled me closer. "How do you want to handle it?" I smirked at him. "Revenge is sweet." He looked at me confused. "I think it's time we take us real public. Its time they really know about us." Nick pulled out his phone and posted a photo of us in bed with "I love you ❤️" as the caption. I commented "my love 💕" and waited for the comments to flow in. Nick kissed my temple. "Thank you. You didn't have to do this." I smiled at him and held his hand. "Your problems are mine." My phone gave me a notification that Joe added Nick's post to his story. "We must be serious. Joe posted us." Nick laughed. "So serious that you're thinking about spending the rest of your life with me?" I froze. Had I thought that? Yes. But has he? What if I look insane? His face fell. "Nevermind." I grabbed his face. "So serious that I'm thinking about spending the rest of my life with you.."