The Deadline

This chapter is written by JealousMuch39.

Happy Reading :)

He sat there still and absorbed the environment he was currently placed in.  As he tried to get up his body ached in agony and he screamed to release some of the adrenaline left behind.  He slowly went back to the position the doctors had previously laid him in and he sighed as the memory came back to him. 

The thoughts, which back then seemed as the perfect idea, now seemed so far-fetched.  He remembered her.  The reminiscence of her eyes that made him pant because he couldn’t believe that she was finally with him. And now they-

The tears were rolling quickly and his throat quickly clogged up.  He felt his neck was going to erupt out of nowhere because of how hard he tried to hold in the tears. Of how hard he tried to stuff the memories that he promised himself he will try not to remember because they were all just too much.  Too much to handle at the moment, he told himself as he stared at his left leg that was wrapped in a cask and hung in the air.

He gradually brought his hands towards his face avoiding the pain from blasting through his veins and wiped away the tears.  People had been walking in and out of the room.  His mother, his stepfather, his father and his stepsister that he barely knew, and uncles and aunts that he was all glad to see and all but he was still waiting for her.  For her to come back and sit down right next to him.  To tell him that it was just all a fantasy, a nightmare, something he had only fabricated in his daydreams. He badly wanted her to come and sit next to him and he wanted to breathe in the air she breathed out at the very least. 

Beep. Beep.  Aidan turned his head around and gazed at the monitor screen that was placed on the wall.  The machine had green triangles bopping up and down and he eyed the wires that were plugged into the monitor.  The wires led up to his finger that was clipped with an alligator clip. He allowed himself to sigh one last time. He knew it was going to be a long day, but there was nothing he could do.  He had already tried to solve his first problem and this was what it had gotten him to.

But he couldn’t help wonder what she was doing right now? Crying? And when he imagined her crying in her room that was decorated with the pictures they had taken together.  He wanted to comfort her but knew that it was nearly impossible. 

He tried to get up one more time but let loose when the pain was too much.  He calmed himself down and tried to remember the pictures of them.  The outrageous times where he would surprise her and take her somewhere she’s never been before.   

There was a knock at the door and he straightened up, wishing deeply inside that it was going to be her this time because she knew it was almost time.  And time was ticking.  It had to be her at the door, but at the same time, he knew it wasn’t her. 

 Maybe she wanted to be alone and he tried to reason with the feelings she was going through with now and admired that she hadn’t done what he had done because if it was him in her shoes he would have stabbed himself. 

He would have injected himself with some type of meningitis germs so that he leave and never come back again because what was happening to them now was bound to happen.  And he was ashamed of himself that it had only hit him now.  That the fact that he thought he could change what had been there since the world started was obscure to him now. 

“Aidan, honey, how’re you feeling now?” His mother walked in, her footsteps were silent as she tiptoed into the room.  She walked towards his bed and set down a plastic cup that was filled with clear, crisp water and a bunch of colors of the painkillers held in her hand.

“Mom, I don’t want any.  I don’t want any.” Aidan gently pushed her hand away and looked the other way.  His mother was strict and stern and he knew that she wouldn’t leave the room until he had taken the pills, but that would not bother him at all because he did not mind presence right now.  Anything was better than glaring through the white walls.