Chapter 4

This chapter is written by JealousMuch39

Aidan clutched on to the strap of his backpack tightly. He eyed the guys in the strict black and white uniforms and felt like throwing up.  All of this running away was only bringing him back to the place he wanted to leave.  He didn’t want to forever forget Isabelle, but he wanted to shatter the last memory he had of her into pieces. If only he could… 

Aidan grabbed his wallet out of his pocket and slid the picture of him and Isabelle out of the wallet’s pocket.  His finger brushed Isabelle’s face.  He felt his throat begin to harden as he tried to swallow the tears back in which felt like needles going down his throat.

The day they had taken the picture felt like they had taken it years ago.  He remembered the  day clearly and he remembered Isabelle smiling from ear to ear as he complimented her.  Isabelle was beautiful to him every single day, but that day she was breath taking. 

He remembered taking her arm in his and walking her down his rented car. Her mother was excited as that she had recorded the whole moment.  As he and Isabelle drove away to their destination, Aidan couldn’t help himself but turn on every stoplight and stare at her slipping a comment from time to time.  He had only stopped because Isabelle had her head down the whole time while grinning.

Once they arrived to the hall, he grabbed Isabelle and walked over to take a picture with her in the mini studio set up in front.  Isabelle positioned her arms around Aidan’s neck and smiled.  Aidan was surprised and hunched a bit down so that his face was aligned with her face.    

Isabelle’s smile was as brilliant as ever and Aidan’s only wish right now was to see her one last time.  To really say goodbye the right way.  He never got that and he was angry at himself for letting it happen. He should’ve stopped himself before stabbing the dagger into her.  He didn’t know how he could’ve done it, but he still should’ve done something.

If she was here, I wouldn’t even be standing in front of this stupid school, Aidan thought.

“Isabelle.” Aidan squeezed his eyes close and tried to remember all the memories they had together and whispered her name to himself a few times.  He placed the picture of him and Isabelle back inside the wallet and began walking towards his new school.  Each step felt like picking up a boulder.

"Pss." Aidan quickly turned his head to spot the sound’s source to no avail.

"Aidan." The whisper was loud. It sounded as if the person was trying to lead Aidan to their direction, so Aidan complied and began hunting for the mysterious voice.

After walking the whole courtyard and receiving weird glances from bystanders, Aidan sat himself down on a bench to rest. Maybe he dreamt the sounds. Aidan gave up and walked back to the front doors.  He quickly looked back to spot any mysterious behavior, but everything looked normal as can be.  He wanted to find the person who had whispered his name so that he could distract himself for a while.  He needed to forget about her, period.   

Yet every time he told himself those very words, Aidan couldn't help but remember every small detail about her. Isabelle. It hurt to say her name even in his mind because it reminded him of what he did to her. The reminiscence of how heavy the dagger felt in his hand. He remembered her eyes. The only pair of eyes that were able to stun him.

"Aiiiden," There it was again. Aidan now was determined to find the voice. He knew it wasn’t his imagination. The voice sounded feminine, so Aidan focused his gaze on any girl around his surroundings.  All he could so at the moment was guys plotted all over the place, and as he squint his eyes for a better view.