Chapter-22

Mahira's pov. .
There were only chaos now.
Some of us were greeting the guests, some of us were busy in eating and some of us were tired.
Iam the one in the tired category, with me rahul and priyal. Raavi, Ahaan and reyansh are in eating category. Well others i mean Armaan, kairav and Mayank are in greeting the guests category.
Me priyal and rahul were almost lying on the sofas. I said almost.

"I quit man". Priyal stated.

"Me too". Rahul replied.

"I want to sleep". I said.

"Me too". They both said at the same time.

We all just stayed in that position until aunty shushmita yelled coming towards in our direction.

"Are you guys serious? There are so many guests and you all are lying here".

"Mom we're tired". Rahul said.

"As if we've slept all day". She crossed her arms and said.

"Exactly". Aunty Nandini said coming in our direction.

Aunty Nandini is the mother of priyal and Mayank. 

"Mom please!!". Priyal said.

"You potato sacks, come on and help others, come on get up". Ivaan bhaii said who was sitting on another sofa with bhabhi.

"Chal rahul, go and help them". I said urging him to get up.

"But why only me? Tum dono bhi chalo". He stated.

"Yes he is right. You too get up". Aunty Nandini ordered.

We both get up scoffing.
"Mahira, go and help kairav, he isn't really good at socializing". Aunty shushmita said.

Yea, whatever. He isn't good at socializing but he is good at kissing.
"It's not like you didn't give in". My subconscious mind thought.
"I had no other option". My conscious mind replied.

"What are you thinking?". Aunty shushmita said snapping her fingers.

"Nothing, I'll help him". I said and walked in his direction.

I went and stood beside him.
He looked at me and smiled as I ignored him.

"Mahi, this is Mr. Shekhawat and Mrs. Shekhawat and their daughter urooj". He said introducing them to me. But what is with Mahi. He called me Mahi. Arghhhhh.

"Hello". I said smiling at them.

"You must be Mr. Chaudhary's daughter".  Uncle said.

"Yes". I replied.

"Glad to meet you, iam urooj. Your soon to be sister in law". She said forwarding her hand.

I shook her hand and said.

"I didn't get it". I said.

"Actually me and armaan are good to get married soon. Aunty i mean your mother approved". She said. What does she mean by my mother approved? Does armaan even know about that?

"Sorry to break your bubble, but you won't get married unless my brother wants to get married to you and I don't think he'll get married anytime soon". I said.

"Your mother approved i said". She said a little angrily.
What's with her? No way I'll ever let Armaan marry her. Not even in my dreams.

"Well my mother is not the one to get married, is she?". I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong with you? You should not deny elders' decisions". Mrs. Shekhawat said.

"I- "I was cut off by kairav.

"Don't worry aunty, she is just joking. You guys enjoy we'll just greet others". Kairav and and dragged me out of there.

He dragged me to s corner and said.

"What's wrong with you Mahira? Do you want to ruin the deal that uncle devansh had been trying to crack since forever".

"I don't care about some fucking deal, Armaan ki zindagi ka sawal hai, and i won't let him marry someone he doesn't love". I stated angrily.

"Look at me". I didn't.

"Mahira look at me".

"What?". I said looking at him.

"No one's gonna force Armaan and I'll make sure of it, okay?". He said cupping my cheeks.

"Promise?". I asked.

"Promise". He said.

"Now come on smile, we also have to greet some other people, wait let me show you my cousin, your mood will get better quickly". He said and dragged me towards a couple with a baby in the man's arms.

"Guys here". He said gaining their attention.
They both looked at us.

"Kairav, where were you? I was finding you everywhere". Woman said.

"Wo sab choro, meet Mahira, Ivaan's sister. And mahira this is my cousin sameer and his wife tara and their son veer". Kairav said introducing us.

"Hello". Sameer said as well as his wife i mean tara.

"Hii~". Veer cooed.
How cuteee.

"Hello and hii baby". I said and looked at veer.

"You pwety". Veer said.
(You're pretty).

"Aww thank you, you're also handsome". I said pinching his cheeks.

He blushes. We all laughed at him.

"This is the 1st time he's talking to someone in the first meeting". Tara said smiling.

"Oh really then i must be lucky". I said giggling.

"Can i carry him?". I asked sameer who was holding him.

"Ofcourse". He said.
I picked him in my arms and said.

"Do you like kairav uncle baby?".

"Umm no". He said giggling.

"Very good, no one should like monsters, they are dangerous". I said.

"You rwight". He said and mimicked my expression.
(You're right).

"You're right ke bache, you just wait. This monster is gonna tickle you now". He said.

"No no no". He said and hide his face in the crook of my neck.

"No one's gonna do anything when I'm here okay. Don't worry he won't even touch you right kairav ji?".
I asked him while faking an angry expression.

"I surrender". He says while doing hands up.
We all laugh at him.

After some moments, i part my way and walks to the corridor cause my heels are killing me, when i heard a man's voice from a room saying

"You're mine, only mine. I'll not let you marry anyone other than me".

Whose voice is that? And who is in that room?

I knock on the door and say.

"Who's inside?".
No reply.

"I said who's inside?".
Still no reply.

"Open the door or I'll call everyone here". I shouted.

The door opened revealing armaan.
"What're you doing here?". I asked him.

"I..... nothing". He said.

"Iam not a kid and who's there with you? Who was saying weird things? Like I won't let you marry anyone else and blah blah". I asked peeking inside but he didn't let me.

"No one's with me and i...i was watching a movie". He stammered.

"At this time?". I asked suspiciously

"Yea, there is no specific time to watch movies is there?". He asked.
"Believe me i was watching a movie seriously".
I nod at him still not agreeing with him fully. He is hiding something from me for sure. But what?