14. Summer & Kate

fourteen          

fourteen           .          Summer & Kate

[ narrative , Instagram ]
JANUARY 12TH, 2024
The Airport.
lauren's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

I GRAB my car keys and yell at Walker to hurry up or i'd leave him here. Walker quickly grabs whatever he was looking for and follows me down to the lobby to wait for Brady. I know Brady offered to drive, but my car is better fit for 5 people plus luggage, so we agreed on mine.

I'm playing a game on my phone when I feel two hands cover my eyes. "Guess who," he whispers.

"Hi Noony," I laugh, and he removes his hand.

When I turn around he's smiling at me. He says hello back, and Walker fake gags at our interaction. I roll my eyes as Brady and Walker follow me to my car.

Brady takes the passenger's seat, and Walker sits in the back row, going on his phone to text Summer that we're on our way.

I think it's cute how much he likes her. He's constantly talking to her, about her, or at least thinking about her as far as I know.

"Are you excited to see your friends, sweetheart?" Brady asks me, and I nod.

"Yeah. It feels like it's been ages since I usually spend every day with them, y'know?" I say honestly, and he nods.

Brady places his hand on my thigh, and Walker looks at me confused through the mirror, but doesn't say anything.

I keep my eyes on the road, not wanting to let myself get distracted by his touch, because it's just a small comforting gesture because he knows I miss my friends.

"I feel that way with my brother sometimes." Brady admits, "we're twins so like... we've never been separate for longer than a day or two. It's odd when I have to come to LA for filming and stuff.

"That makes sense," I nod as we pull into the airport parking lot.

The three of us get out of the car, and we head to the general area of the airport that they're exiting from, because apparently airports can give out that information now.

"You excited to see Summer, Walk?" I tease, and he blushes a little bit.

"For the record, yes, I am," he says in a sarcastic tone, not liking my teasing. "I haven't seen her since the mall. Well— I haven't seen her in person since the mall. We FaceTime almost every day."