Thank You

"Why are your teeth so sharp?" Lucy questioned as she caressed Natsu's face. They were in the midst of cuddling in her dorm on a Thursday evening. Natsu's long body always hung off her little twin-sized bed but still, he would tell her that he got the best sleep inside of this room with her.

"My canines are sharp because I was a dragon in my past life." Lucy's eyes twinkled in response he was sure this answer pleased her as she had a knack for fantasy novels. He glanced at the Charmander plush in her bed before meeting her excited eyes again.

"Ok so if you were a dragon in your past life what would I have been?"

"A fairy"

She smiled at him sweetly, sometimes Natsu could be the best boyfriend in the world, other times not so much. The line was so blurred that it scared her, but she would relish in his good mood nonetheless.

The banquet was in 2 days, she had to try on and pick up her dress tomorrow from the boutique. She truly wanted to speak to Mrs. Spetto once more, but she doubted Natsu would allow that. She sighed in defeat, she'd be better off just asking Natsu, but she didn't want to anger him, not now. Especially when he looked so cute slowly dozing off in her tiny bed.
His pink fluffy hair blended in with her bed sheets, pink was her favorite color after all. She was starting to like the color blue quite a bit as well. She stared at little happy as he snoozed peacefully on Natsu's chest. Even though Happy was technically hers, she knew that Happy looked at Natsu as his real owner considering the fact that it was Natsu who found and saved him.
Lucy snapped a cute photo of the two napping then exited the room to prepare dinner. Natsu always preferred the homemade dinners she made for him to anything he could get from a 5-star chef. Perhaps it was because Lucy only knew how to cook with love.

========================

It's Friday morning and Lucy wishes she didn't have school. The banquet is tomorrow and she'll be picking up her gown after class.

"You coming?" Natsu asked from the bathroom as he got the shower ready. He spent the night, he does that a lot. So much so that she needed to dedicate closet space to him so that he always had something to wear the next day.

"Yes but no frisky business!"

That made him laugh.

Now here they were both running late for first period because Natsu couldn't keep his hands off her in the shower. They split up somewhere along the way and Lucy rushed her way to class, that was before she collided with another girl.

"Oh, my I'm so sorry" Lucy apologized sincerely as she went to pick the girl's items off the ground. The girl didn't respond she just watched Lucy grab her items and snatched them away when Lucy handed them to her. 'Oh, she's one of those' Lucy thought morbidly. Most people treated her better since Natsu and her began dating but some people were just going to be snobs regardless. She made her way to class without sparring the rude girl another thought.

After making clear that Lucy walked away the girls in the Hallway began to gossip"Isn't that Natsu's little plaything?" Said one of the girls in the friend group.

"I suppose she is. Nothing special about her... I could have Natsu again if I wanted" spoke the leader of the friend group; the girl Lucy collided with. She and Natsu never dated, but they were fuckbuddies for a good while.

"Of course you could Sorano! Everyone knows that you and Natsu would be a perfect match"

Sorano hummed in response as her friends coaxed her ego. She crossed her arms in thought. "You don't think she'll be at tomorrow's banquet do you?" She asked her group of friends. There's no way Natsu would bring a peasant to such a lavish event.