Prolog

About 8 years ago

      Queen Agate paced through the hatchery looking at the eggs that laid peacefully. Normally. Except for one. Hers. The one egg that looked different from the normal black eggs with spots of dark red, or blue, or anything, but not Queen Agates. Her egg was a pale white, like the outsider dragons, like the ones that forced her tribe to leave. King Tanzanite hissed at the egg and glared at his wife. "I knew I should have never fallen for a peasant such as yourself and allowed your family to become royals. You're all lying con-artists." Queen Agate flicked her tail and her gaze went to her husband. "I did not expect this to happen. And I just needed a break from this island, and Queen Char granted me that option." King Tanzanite flicks his tongue out as smoke curls around his ears and horns. Agate sighs as she studies the egg. "Maybe we can just kill it when it hatches. And we can make an excuse like they tried to kill you for the throne. Then we can get rid of them without Hunter throwing a fuss about it." King Tanzanite flicks his tail as he looks at Agate. "Yes. That may work. We'll just have to teach them that if they want to have the throne, they'll have to kill me, and we'll make sure executioners and Hunter as well are always there to hear us. Yes. That may be believable to the kingdom."
    Agate grabs a necklace off her neck and holds it in her talons before speaking to it. "I enchant this necklace to turn red if the egg I put it on is male, but indigo if it is female." Tanzanite rolls his eyes as Agate puts the necklace on the egg and the necklace slowly shifts from its original midnight black to an indigo color. "There we go. Now we know to teach our little girl that if she wants anyone to love and respect her, she will need to kill me and you to become the queen." Tanzanite chuckles under his breath as a sly grin crosses his face. "Perfect, this will be perfect."

    Tanzanite and Agates heads both pop up as Moth, their lead advisor enters the hatchery and bows. "Your Majesties, King Cole has traveled here after hearing about your.... Situation." Agate hisses and Tanzanite narrows his eyes. "Who told him?" Tanzanite says through gritted teeth. "I believe it was The Hunter, your Majesty. No one else knew what I was talking about if I asked them if they sent a letter to the SlagWings." Agate grits her teeth and Tanzanite puts his paw on her shoulder. "I'll speak to him. And I will explain the situation. Stay. Here. Do you understand Agate?" Agate rolls her eyes and reluctantly nods her head.

    King Tanzanite takes a deep breath and steps out of the hatchery to see the imposing SlagWing king sitting there with a glare on his face. He takes a deep breath before speaking in a low, deep growl. "Tanzanite. I heard about your little problem. How in the three moons did your wife get out?" Tanzanite looks up at King Cole and closes his eyes. "She said Queen Char had given her permission to leave for a while, your highness. She most likely did not know about what Agate would do." Cole sighs and taps a talon. "I only gave you two permission to have one heir. Hunter would have been perfect." "Except for the fact that he doesn't want to be king." Tanzanite interjected. "Who wouldn't want to be king?!" Cole responds, "I was ready to kill my father as soon as I could. I was ready for the throne." Tanzanite clears his throat before speaking again. "Doesn't Prince Huego not want to be king?" King Cole rolls his eyes before speaking. "It's because of King Igno across the border. He doesn't want to have to deal with him any more than he already does, for some reason they both hate each other more than me and Draco hate each other. And plus, I don't want him to be king either. He would be terrible as king." Tanzanite growls under his breath and Cole raises his head causing Tanzanite to go quiet in an instant. "I will say this now Tanzanite, do not harm that dragonet unless you have reasonable cause. Do you understand me? Do. Not. Harm. Them." Tanzanite flicks his tail and nods slowly before bowing. "Yes my king." King Cole motions for Tanzanite to get up and he obeys. The SlagWing king shoves past the smaller EchoWing king and enters the hatchery.

    Tanzanite scurries after the larger king. He walks in to see Queen Agate and Moth bowing and King Cole glaring at the queen. "Queen Agate, rise." He says in a low growl. She raises her head and looks up at the towering king. "King Tanzanite, you are to execute Queen Agate as soon as possible. And if she is still alive when I return for my next visit," King Cole eyes the two nervous rulers. "I will make sure Prince Hunter has to be king of the EchoWings."