iii.

February 14//Fifth Year

I wake up excited, and all I can think is this is my first Valentine's Day in love. The whole week I was excited. I, as a hopeless romantic since childhood, have always loved Valentine's Day. But I kept wondering if this one would feel different. And it does.

Picking up Star - interrupting his deep sleep - I spring out of bed. I search my trunk until I find the velvet pastel pink box I had masterfully hidden. When I reach Luna's door I peek my head inside and see that she's still sleeping, but her roommates are already gone.

I quietly enter the room and sit down next to her, putting Star down so he can curl up in her neck. Luna's eyes slowly blink open to see our cast nestled into her.

"Good morning, Star" she kissed him on the forehead before she sits up and kisses me on the forehead too. "Happy Valentine's Day, darling."

I kiss her on the lips. "Happy Valentines Day, Luna," I smile. "Sorry about my morning breath."

She laughs. "That's alright, I don't mind."

I hold out the box to her and she smiles. Inside is a beautiful diamond star necklace. "It was grandmothers once, a gift from her first husband and true love, that was passed down to my mother and then me. He told her that he wanted to give her every star in the universe, but that would never be enough to show her how much he loved her. That's how I feel about you."

Luna beams at me

Luna beams at me. "This is amazing, Venus. I love it. And I love you, more than all the stars in the sky."

Luna holds her hair up as I put the necklace on her. "It looks beautiful on you."

"Oh!" She says suddenly. "I have something for you, too."

Luna climbs out of bed and rifles in her trunk for a box. "I also got you jewelry- I know, we're so original."

I open the box to see a gold ring with a pink stone.

"It's rose quartz" Luna explains

"It's rose quartz" Luna explains. "It's the stone of unconditional love. I believe it emits vibrations of love and inspires compassion. And it's a promise ring. I made it."