Chapter 18. Stay

There is yelling/confrontation in this chapter (basically a written argument), non-explicit sexual content, a discussion about relapsing/alcoholism, a lot of mentions relating to anxiety and mental health, and slight mention of a neglectful relationship and therapy/seeing a therapist. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

♡◂⸻⸻▸ ✧༺♥༻∞ ◂⸻⸻▸♡

"What-" Wooyoung stands in the doorway of his childhood home, phone in his hand, eyes watering. "What're you-?"

"I called him." His mother says over her shoulder, calm and quiet. "I'm still friends with his mother, y'know. It wasn't hard for me to call him."

"But why would you do that?" Wooyoung turns to face his mom, a sudden irritation laced into his voice.

"Because seeing you run away from your problems is exactly what I spent so long doing, and I couldn't bear to see you make the same stupid mistake."

Wooyoung stays quiet at that response, turning back to face San. It was only then that he finally really looks at San, and his heart aches. San's eyes were red and tired, he was wearing Wooyoung's hoodie, joggers attached to his legs, a bag slung over his shoulder, cheeks reddened from crying, or so, Wooyoung's assumed as much.

"You guys can stay in our extra room. It's your old room, Wooyoung. Please go talk it out. We'll sit down here and watch the movie to give you guys some space to talk." She assures quietly. "Don't make the same mistakes your father and I made. Please."

Wooyoung finally lets the weight of her words sink into his cortex. He wouldn't fall into his father's habits. Not now, not ever. Wooyoung holds his hand out, glancing at San with a teary gaze, letting himself smile at his partner. "Coming?"

"Yeah." San takes his hand, stepping inside, carefully taking off his shoes and following Wooyoung up the stairs of the home after saying a quick hello to his parents. Wooyoung grips San's hand tighter, still stuck in a limbo between wondering why San would travel the hour to come see him and wondering why his mother had thought to reach out without hesitating. But San was here now, and that was all that mattered.

Wooyoung's old room was the second door on the left, and he wastes little time in opening the door and entering inside. The room was slightly different than Wooyoung remembered, but he didn't mind. His old room had been filled with so much anxiety, so many horrible memories and unimaginable pain that he's nearly thankful that the lighter wall color and fresh bed coverings had begun to melt away any resurfacing childhood trauma.

San sets his bag down on the dresser nearby, raking a hand through his hair as he continues to hold onto Wooyoung's hand, keeping the male close to him.

"I can't believe that you're here." Wooyoung manages to mutter, turning to sit down on the bed, pulling San with him by his hand.

"I'm relieved to be here." San admits, sitting down next to him. "Just seeing you makes me feel ten times more relaxed than I was."