Chapter 1

//Third Person//

He walked around his beach house, he could feel his quills rise as he hesitantly gripped the door handle. He had nothing to fear, his home was relatively safe given no one other than his friends knew of its location. Not only that but he'd been through so much that whatever was beyond his door couldn't even be half as bad as what he considered to be the norm. Come to think of it, there's no reason for him not to be in therapy right about now. it's a miracle he hasn't gone insane or completely given up on the world.

"Where is he!"

He could hear the pink hedgehog's voice echoing from outside his home,

Now he knew what he was forgetting.

Amy is persistent, pushy, and constantly up in other people's business she had no business being in in the first place. Sure Amy was one of his closest friends she could be very, very irritating at times.

He sighed, he knew there was no avoiding this. Given how much money he had and his reputation he could of probably stayed at a luxury hotel for as long as he wanted and still have enough money to send Tails to an Ivy League College. Regardless, he took a deep breath before finally opening the door to his beach house.

-

"Have any of you seen Sonic?!" Amy yelled, gripping her abnormally large hammer.

Rouge and Knuckles were seated beside each other on the cream-colored sofa, Tails was sitting at his desk, and Shadow stood far away from the group leaning against the wall.

'It's his house, he won't be able to avoid me!' was what Amy thought when she first decided on coming to Sonics house unannounced and uninvited.

She impatiently walked back and forth waiting for the blue blur to eventually walk through the door.

This was taking far too long,

Not just that but no one even answered her question.

She immediately looked around the room, staring at everyone for a brief moment before turning to look at Shadow. Shadow stared at her like she was insane, and in a way she definitely was. "Does it look like I know or care?" He scoffed, "Go find him yourself if you wanna know so badly."

Amy took a deep breath to calm down to prevent smashing Shadow and in the process Sonic's house to bits.

She'd been looking for Sonic for the last... 40 minutes? She came to his home hoping he'd be there, surprise surprise he was not.

"Hun don't you think this is a bit much," Rouge asked standing up from her seat.

Rouge was starting to regret telling them about Sonic's files. Shadow told her it was a bad idea from the very beginning but she figured that since they'd all known him for years maybe they'd know more. Only for them to be just as clueless.

"NO." She yelled, "We've been friends for years yet we've never heard a thing about-"

Before she could continue they all heard the door loudly and slowly close.

He'd been caught.

Sonic calmly walked in knowing exactly what he'd just walked in on. He just hoped Tails would be able to drag him out of the room in time.

"Tails!" He smiled as he walked up to the fox's desk seemingly oblivious to everyone else in the room. He looked nervous.

The Fox looked up at him, almost immediately recognizing the look on his face. without a second thought he stood up and grabbed his 'brothers' wrist, "I'm going to borrow him for a moment!" Tails smiled as he quickly walked toward the front door before Amy could say anything.