Chapter 2

//Shadow's POV//

I released my grip on Sonic the moment the 'Fox' had disappeared. We watched as Sonic quickly ran toward the letter that was neatly folded in half scrambling to pick it off the ground crumbling it in the process.

"Sonic..?" Tails stepped forward, the earlier scene truly unsettled him.

Sonic ignored his calls as he quickly opened the letter with shaky hands,

"Sonic." I calmly and slowly walked toward him so as to not startle him, "What's in the letter..?" I asked, attempting to rest a hand on his shoulder before he jerked back fearfully making me quickly retract my hand as I watched him struggle to straighten the letter.

The letter was written in a language I'd never seen before, yet Sonic seemed to perfectly understand it. Without hesitation, he recrumbled up the letter and ran up the stairs on the side of the beach house that I could only assume led up to his bedroom.

I quickly followed in pursuit while everyone else stayed behind,

Prior to this Sonic and I never got along. Everything seemed to be a game to him and it frustrated me then but now all I ever wanted was to see him happy even if it was at my expense.

Sonic tried so hard to be my friend but all I ever did was push him away.

The least I could do is make it up to him by saving him from whatever god-awful mess he's in.

Once I reached the top of the stairs I knocked on the glass door watching as he hurriedly and frantically searched his bedroom for something. I quitely opened the door, I figured he wasn't going to open the door anytime soon so I'd might as well walk in after him seeing as he hadn't even taken the time to lock the door.

"Sonic-" I started before he abruptly cut me off,

"Shadow I can't- I can't find it!" He instantly turned toward me upon hearing my voice.

"Sonic," I called out to him as I slowly walked toward him

I watched as tears flowed down his cheeks like a never-ending river, the sight seemed so unnatural and would have been horrifying if I hadn't seen him in such a state before.

// 3rd Person POV //

Sonic continued to frantically open boxes, drawers, and cabinets but couldn't seem to find what he was looking for.

"No, no, no... chaos no.." he whispered to himself violently shaking completely forgetting about Shadow's presence as he desperately searched for something.

"Sonic." Shadow stood right behind Sonic causing him to bump into him when he turned around upon hearing his voice.

Sonic took a few steps back, violently shaking as he gripped the dresser behind him tightly while still keeping his eyes on the Ebony figure in front of him.

Shadow calmly and a bit reluctantly took a few steps forward putting both his hands on Sonic's face to force him to make eye contact. He stroked his cheeks in hopes of calming him down and he eventually did.

"Now.." Shadow spoke quietly so as to not startle him, "What are you looking for?"

Sonic looked around him then reluctantly pulled Shadow's jacket toward him, their noses almost touching as he stood on his toes to whisper in his ears,

"I'm looking for my emerald... It's pink and yellow.." he stood there for a few moments before releasing Shadow's jacket,

Shadow's face though a bit red nodded though Sonic didn't seem to notice.