Chapter 4

Gauravi's POV

"I agree that Mihir is a nice man but he has feelings for you, not for Tami. "  Mom said.

" But he is a good man from a good family... A good son, a good brother,  and a good friend." I argued.

" I'm sure he would be a good husband," Dad said.

" Yes, I am sure, but he would not be my husband. "  I said firmly.

" There is no rush, I think that you panicked as we were fixing your wedding date, take some time and think about it for some time. I want you to think of all the pros and cons of this. "  Dad said and Mom nodded.

" Dad, Mom, trust me I am saying this after thinking all these things. I don't deserve his unconditional love when I can't reciprocate his feelings. " I said and Mom looked into my eyes, I averted my eyes away as I knew she was trying to read my mind as she had this magical power to read people's minds, now even Tami had inherited that trait.

I wish I could read people's minds and know what they were thinking.

" Gautam, stop this! There is no use,  she has made up her mind, and she is not a child anymore. I think we should go to the Malhotra mansion and talk to Sagar and Damini about this. " Mom said. I looked at her and a smile came on my face.

" Talk to Sagar about what?? About Shaurya? Never! I would rather beat him to a pulp, he is a playboy, a Casanova. No, I  will not allow my daughter to get involved with him, never!  Sid, get my gun... " Dad yelled telling Chachu to get his gun.

Chachu kept the gun with him as Dad has been a bit short-tempered especially if any guy comes anywhere near Tami, Sri, or me. So Mom told Chachu to keep it with him, or she will throw it away.

She did this as Chachu was the only level-headed man in the family apart from Dadu as my cousin, Siddh was just like Dad as he followed him in everything.

" Gautam, calm down!!  So what if he is a Casanova? Sahil was also like that, see how much he has changed. " Mom argued.

" But I don't want my daughter to be with him. " Dad retorted.

" They are already together, Gautam."  Mom said and Dad looked at her with questions in his eyes, she nodded. Dad closed his eyes and clenched his jaw and fist.

" Whatever... I am not going to talk to Sagar about it. If I go there, it will be to warn Shaurya to stay away from my daughter. I don't care if you feel anything for him or not, I  will not accept him. " He said and went away.

By now Tami had also come out as Dad was yelling at me.

" What happened? Where is everyone?"  She asked.

"They left, as di refused to marry Mihir jiju. " Sri said, Tami was shocked to hear that.

" What? Why? " She asked looking at me But I didn't bother to reply and looked at Mom, she shook her head and went after Dad.

" Why did you refuse to get married to Mihir? He is madly in love with you."  She asked.

" Because I don't want him. " I said and she was as confused as others.

" Di wants to get married to Shaurya bhaiya," Sri said. I glared at her and she looked away.

" What?? I am not getting anything? Where did this Shaurya come from?? " Tami asked.

" Me too! " Sri said.

" Don't strain your peanut-sized brains. Leave me alone." I said to both of them.