Chapter Eleven - Adelaide

I had agreed to meet Sylvain after school, intrigued by his cryptic invitation hinting at something out of the ordinary. Usually, such invitations led to encounters with his extensive, albeit somewhat childish, Hot Wheels collection. Despite his quirks, Sylvain possessed a tender side that often manifested in spontaneous ice cream outings and late-night adventures with friends. Today, however, I couldn't shake the feeling that his plans held something altogether different.

After dinner, I navigated the familiar streets to Sylvain's house, just a few blocks away. Parking beside his Charger, I made my way inside, depositing my keys into the waiting bowl on the small table by the door.

"Syl, I'm here!" I called out, searching for him within the confines of his home.

"Up here, baby!" His voice floated down from upstairs, beckoning me to his room. Climbing the stairs, I entered, only to find his sanctuary transformed into a romantic oasis. Soft candlelight flickered against the walls, casting a warm glow over the room, while a scattering of roses adorned the bed in a display of unexpected tenderness. "What do you think?" he inquired, his eyes alight with anticipation.

I was momentarily stunned, my words caught in the whirlwind of surprise. "Wow," I finally managed to utter. "I had no idea you could be so romantic. What's all this for?"

Sylvain approached me from across the room, his arms enveloping me in a tender embrace. "I wanted to do something special and different," he explained, his lips brushing against mine in a gentle caress. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," I replied, a genuine smile tugging at the corners of my lips as I returned his embrace.

Yet, as we stood there, his touch began to stray, his hands wandering with a purpose that sent a shiver down my spine. Before I could react, his lips found my neck, the sensation distracting me from the sudden shift in his demeanor. My attempts to push him away faltered as his grip tightened, pressing me against the wall with an urgency that left me breathless.

"God, I've wanted this for so long," he murmured against my skin, his words sending a jolt of apprehension coursing through me.

"Sylvain, what—" Before I could finish my sentence, his lips captured mine in a desperate kiss, and in that moment, my resolve crumbled, swept away by the tumultuous tide of desire.

Panic surged through me as Sylvain's hands roamed, his touch leaving a trail of discomfort in its wake. With a surge of adrenaline, I pushed his hands away, my voice trembling as I demanded him to stop. But my pleas fell on deaf ears as he seized my wrists, holding them firmly above my head.

"Sylvain, what are you doing?" I protested, my heart hammering against my chest as I struggled against his relentless advance.

"Shh," he whispered, his breath hot against my ear, a menacing presence pressing into me. "I know you want this," he asserted, his body pressing against mine in a crude display of dominance. As his hand slipped into my jeans, I squirmed, a surge of revulsion coursing through me.

"Sylvain, stop!" I pleaded, desperation lacing my voice as I fought to free myself from his grasp. But his grip only tightened, forcing me back against the unforgiving wall.

"What's the matter, Addy?" he taunted, a cruel smirk twisting his lips. "Am I not good enough for you?"

Fear and fury mingled within me as Sylvain's intentions became unmistakably clear. With a surge of adrenaline, I lifted my knee, aiming for his most vulnerable spot. The impact sent him reeling, his grip loosening as pain flared across his face. Seizing the opportunity, I bolted for the door, only to be violently yanked back by my hair.

"Come here, you stupid bitch!" Sylvain's enraged voice echoed through the room, his violence escalating with each passing moment. With a sickening thud, my head collided with the hard tile floor, stars dancing before my eyes.