xii.

THROUGH OUT THE hole dinner Adora was a bit off

THROUGH OUT THE hole dinner Adora was a bit off. She stared into the air, thinking about Carlos his invitation to Portugal. She'd love to go with him. She could spent time alone with him, relax and study at the same time.

Her father noticed the odd behavior of his oldest daughter, but hadn't said anything to not pressure her into telling everyone something, she's clearly not ready to share yet.

iMESSAGE

PAPÁ + ADORA

PAPÁ
would you come to my office after dinner?
i want to speak with you

ADORA
will be there
everything ok?

PAPÁ
we will talk about that later
please stop looking at your meal as if it's the most horrible thing you ever saw

ADORA
will do

AFTER THE FEW text messages between her father and Adora, Adora was more focused on the conversation at the table. She made jokes and tried to not think about Carlos or whatever her father want to speak about later. After dinner the family moved into the living room to play some games.

"Adora, darling, I heard you got yourself a boyfriend. Will we get to know him soon?" Her grandmother asked Adora. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Mum, is someone your boyfriend when you kiss him?" Alejandro asked. And then the opinions started.

"You kissed?" Leonor.

"Adora, I told you. He ain't good for you. I told you weeks ago." Mama.

"How wonderful. We're so happy for you." Grandma and Grandpa.

"I'm gonna go real quick. Taking a walk or something." Adora.

iMESSAGE

CARLOS + ADORA

ADORA
my brother just told on me
this little snitch
snake

CARLOS
what did he say?

ADORA
i quote: "mama is someone your boyfriend when you kiss him?"
it's not like i didn't tell before that i don't wanna talk about it.
little snitch
i'm never telling him anything ever again
and now i'm outside and pissed at him and mama