what is going on

You both have been married for about six years you both met on a job where you two had to work together you didn't like him at first but once you both fell in love it didn't take long for people to see the chemistry between the two of you after some time you both got married which now brings you to the present day you both are on a dangerous job and he gets hit in the head super hard which makes you super scared cause you didn't know if he was gonna be alright so you kill the target and rush him to a hospital where the doctor told you he suffered severe head trauma so he might have some memory loss he was out for a few days you told work about it and they said to take time off to take care of him once he woke up he looked at you confused "kaleb it is me Y/N your wife do you remember me" you ask and he shook his head no which makes your eyes tear up cause you had to start over with him you let the nurse's know he is awake and then have the doctor explain what happend to him he listened all confused but he understood some what so once you get him home he is quiet as he looks around the house seeing all the pictures of the two of you his eyes linger on your wedding photo he saw how happy the two of you looked but he didn't remember any of it he settled in you kept your distance even though you wanted to be close to him but he didn't even remember you it hurt you deeply but you hide it well and help him as best you can a week goes by you both sleep in separate rooms cause he doesn't remember that you are married you tell him what his job was and he was shocked and you explained how the two of you got together he thought it was sweet but things were never going to be the same again between the two of you he had to learn a lot of things all over again but most things he did without thinking and before long you both go back to work he does decently well everyone knew about what happened so they are supporting how you are handling it even though he doesn't remember you so months go by the two of you are a little bit closer he gets to a point where he remembers some things about you but not a lot which is fine cause he was making good progress so one night as you are cooking dinner he comes up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist making you blush deeply "Kaleb what are you doing" you ask softly as he nuzzles his face into your neck "you are just so beautiful I couldn't help myself" he says softly against your neck making your blush deepen you finish making dinner and you both eat and he helps you clean up and you get ready to head to bed so as you are getting dressed in your nightgown he walks in making you blush deeply "i am sorry I should have knocked" he says looking down it makes you smile "I am your wife you don't have to be sorry plus you have seen me naked before all this" you say making him chuckle and look back to you it had been so long since he had touched you and you wanted him bad but you never dare cross that line with him until he wanted too "oh right I am sorry I keep forgetting that it's hard to remember that" he says softly as he looks deeply into your eyes making you smile "it's okay you have been through a lot even if you don't remember I will always love you" you say as tears well up in your eyes it makes him walk up and hug you close that night he held you as both fell asleep after that night he started to fall for you all over again even though it will take him so time he would do whatever it took to love you again.