Chapter 3

In a dark blue lake, in a castle made of stone, there is a beautiful siren. A woman with dark teal hair and seashells as a top. A siren girl is messaging her back.

A guard approaches Amphitrite with his eyes towards the floor.

"Your majesty, Amphitrite, many sirens are- how can I say this..?" The guard says. "Relieving themselves of the spell."

He is wearing a gold helmet and an armor vest. He looks up for a second to see Amphitrite's reaction and then quickly returns to looking down.

"You think I don't know this already? These little humans are such cowards," she leans back in her golden throne and sighs.
"People think they can get the easy way out? If that's the case, I'll have to make the punishments more agonizing," she gripes.

The siren girl who is massaging her shoulders looks scared as if she'll be affected by the punishment.

"I'm sure that's not the case," the siren girl says.
Amphitrite interrupts, "Nadasia, play me a song will you?"
"Y-yes your majesty," Nadasia replies.

Nadasia takes her hands off of Amphitrite's shoulders (she has orange hair and blue seashells for a top) and walks to the harp. She starts to play a song.

Amphitrite leans back in her throne with her tail elevated.

Frank and Wanda are sitting together across from Aurora and Trista who are sitting on the other side. One of the flight attendants on the private jet is handing Aurora and Trista raspberry lemonades.

Aurora takes her drink after Trista. Aurora sips her drink and says, "This isn't so bad."
She relaxes in her chair.
"I told you it would be fine," Trista smiles.

While everyone is minding their business and enjoying the ride, the captain is not doing too well. A blue light glimmers into the captains eyes and sends him into a trance. There's not a thought in his head.

Aurora is looking out the window calmly, still sipping her raspberry lemonade. She's fidgeting with her bracelet. Looking straight out the window, her eyes drift downward.

"What's this blue light below us?" Aurora asks.
"What?" the mom looks out of the window across from Aurora and Trista.
"There's like a blue light under the plane or something."
"Isn't this the 'enchanted' lake?" Trista adds.
"Oh my gosh, Trista. Stop with the fantasy nonsense," Aurora says.
"It's real! They say mermaids are below here! I think the blue light is a good thing!"
Aurora interrupts, "No it's not. Your head is just always in the clouds."
"Wow." Trista paused. "You really know nothing."
Aurora feels a flush of guilt and says, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that..."
Wanda orders, "Stop fighting or we'll cancel this whole vacation."

Aurora rolls her eyes and turns her back away from everyone. She's looking at the window again. Suddenly, the plane starts rocking around.

"Whats going on?"Aurora asks. Her body is starting to tremble.
"I think we need to check on the captain. He hasn't said anything," Wanda asks as she raises from her seat.
"Don't worry guys. It'll be okay. Just stay calm," one flight attendant says.
"Stay calm? We haven't even got feedback from the captain!" Frank raises his voice.
"Let me see what the captains gotta say. He should've announced something on the speaker already!" he says.

The dad gets up from his seat and walks towards the captain. He opens the door.

"Captain Ramsey."
"Captain?!" Frank yells.

He walks in front of the captain and sees he's just staring blankly, with a blue glimmer in his eyes.

"What the hell?"

The dad shakes the captain in hopes that he'll come back to his senses but he never does. The plane progressively gets faster and he loses his footing for a second. He stares at the captain in disbelief. He leaves the captain and goes back to his family.

"So?" the mom asks.
"Something's off about the captain. He's not in his right mind." The dad pauses. "He's in some kind of trance."

The plane is burning up from the pressure. A big drop was felt as if they were going down a roller coaster.

"This can't be happening," Trista says under her breath.
"We're gonna crash!" Aurora trembled.

The dad starts grabbing life jackets.

"Here, put these on!" Dad yelled.

He threw it to Aurora, Trista, and Wanda and they put it on quickly. After a few seconds, all of their life jackets punctured. It was like they got shot from the inside. Everything was happening so fast.

"Our life jackets punctured!" Aurora cried.
"E-Everything is going to be okay!" Wanda attempts to reassure them.

They all could hear the uncertainty and shakiness in her words. Aurora looked at Trista but she turned away with tears in her eyes.

Aurora comes to accept what was happening. She curled up in her seat. All she could hear was her heart rapidly beating. She comes to the realization that this is it; Her life is ending and there is nothing she can do about it. The only things visible in Aurora's eyes was the silhouettes of Trista and her parents, paired with the smoke and fire seeping into the plane. A blue mist filled the plane. She was getting dizzy as if she got shot with anesthesia. Before she knew it, she was out.