The Great Hall

They enter the great hall and take their seats. Emma still has tear tracks down her face, partly for her and the parchment and partly for the Roberts family. They were tortured at the quidditch World Cup.

Harry and Ron are still with the parchment talking to Sirius while Hermione Ginny and Emma are still talking.

Hagrid walks into the great hall which meant that the first years had crossed the lake. Everyone fell silent because that meant the sorting was about to begin.

Just then Professor McGonagall walks in with a battered old stool and an even older hat.

That old hat was the Sorting hat, it sorts first years into their Houses. It sorted Emma into Gryffindor but Emma thinks that the sorting hat sorted her into Gryffindor because Harry was in Gryffindor. She herself thought that she was a Hufflepuff. She wasn't really brave like her famous brother. She was loyal and a bit sensitive to harshness.

The sorting hat quickly sorted every first year and they are the filling welcoming feast. Emma did not really talk to everyone because she was thinking to herself the whole meal.

Why did I have to be the twin of the famous Harry Potter? I love him but he always gets the attention and I'm treated like air. Actually I'm treated more like trash

Her deep thinking was interrupted by Ron," Could you pass the treacle tart?"

"Yeah sure" she answered with a fake smile

A few minutes later, Emma had just got into her deep thinking again when the plates cleared and Dumbledore stood up for his annual speech.

"Now that we are all watered and fed, I need your attention while I say a few notices.

"Mr filch has told me the list of forbidden items inside the castle has been stretched to include screaming yo-yos, fanged frisbees, and ever bashing boomerangs. The whole list is posted inside Mr filch's office.

"It is also my painful duty to tell you that the inter house quidditch cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Harry gasped

Emma was a bit sad, since she finally built up the courage to try out for keeper. She had superb reflexes like Harry but Harry has better eyesight for things like the snitch and she can hurry over and get the quaffle before it goes through the hoop. She always wanted to play quidditch with the boys but she was to shy so Ron always got the keeper position.

"This is due to a an event that will be starting in October and continuing throughout the school year!"

Just then the door opened with a loud bang and a man stood in the doorway. He was leaning on a long staff and he was covered in a black traveling cloak. Every step he took there was a loud clunk. Every one turned to him. When he got to the staff table, and a strike of lightning illuminated his face, Hermione gasped.

His face looked like it was carved by someone who had the vaguest idea of the what human faces looked like. His mouth looked like a diagonal gash and a huge part of his nose was missing.

But his eyes made him frightful. One of them was black and beady while the other one was an electric blue, round as a coin.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Professor Moody."

The only people who were clapping were Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid, since everyone was too stunned by his appearance.

"I was saying, there is going to be an event taking place at Hogwarts. The event is called the triwizard tournament."

"You're JOKING!" Fred exclaimed.

The tension that entered the room when moody came burst like a bubble and everyone was laughing."

Dumbledore laughed but had to finish explaining the triwizard tournament. While he was explaining the triwizard tournament, Emma saw Harry write were having the triwizard tournament at Hogwarts, and slip the parchment into his pocket. Emma felt a tear roll slowly down her cheek. Just seeing the parchment reminded her about how Harry had ignored her the whole summer and the only people that cared about her were Hermione and Ginny. And obviously Draco. Another tear track came down her face. Dumbledore noticed and he gave an enthusiastic wink to Emma and Emma immediately felt better. It's not everyday the greatest wizard of all time winks at you. Dumbledore finished his speech, gave another wink to Emma, and dismissed everyone from the hall.