Pt4. Plan B

Meanwhile...

You stand in your empty room still dumbfounded by Sonic and Shadow's presentation. Plan B? And you weren't allowed to know what it was... So was it a test of reflex? Adaptability? Hard to say without knowing more about Chaos energy and how it worked. You meander back to your bed and lay down stiffly. Nagging questions of what Eggman was up to still plagued your thoughts, the random plant in the middle of nowhere going to show how stealthy he could be if he really wanted to drop off the grid. It seemed like that factory was maximum levels of classified, the only records of it's existence likely contained to it's internal records. Out of all the facilities you and your team had hit nothing was as heavily coveted as that one was.

And if Shadow hadn't showed up... Who knows what would've become of you...

Hours pass as you think yourself in circles, theorizing and reviewing everything you could in the hopes something new could be found but to no avail. Morning comes in an instant as you're really not sure when you fell asleep, the exhaustion in your body weighing heavily despite your time stuck at the hospital. Apparently while most of the physical ailments had passed the mental ones were still very present. You knew you had a nightmare as well but upon waking up you couldn't begin to comprehend what it was about. Only a sense of fear remained in your chest as the light of the sun illuminates the shades.

You rub your eyes, looking around your room you notice a box that had been sitting beside the TV apparently the whole time. Standing up you shake your head, to miss that after being up all night.. Had to be be losing your touch if it took this long to notice it there..
Picking it up it felt lightweight, shaking it a few times something small clattered around inside. You grip the lid as your gaze squints down, gently opening it up to find a small folded piece of paper sitting inside with a sky blue candy.

'Hi East!
We're all super excited to see you on your feet again!
Hope that you like the mint, it's one of my favorites.
We should go grab more Chuck's when you're feeling better,
don't forget to take it easy though!
-Tails'

You smile down at the note, taking the mint and unwrapping it before popping it in your mouth. It was soft, almost like eating a cloud as it dissolved on your tongue. It had a slight grit to it which was uncomfortable at first but that too melted away as a gentle sweet mint danced on your tongue.

Then a knock at the door...

You squint your eyes as you creep over...

"Just open the door (y/a), it's us." Shadow spoke clearly already annoyed.

You creak the door open, looking over the two hedgehogs that were waiting. "So are you going to tell me what this 'Plan B' business is now?"

Shadow walks in, Sonic following behind and shooting finger guns at you.
"It's a test, a multistage test." Shadow pulls a Chaos Emerald out of nowhere, leveling his off hand at you.

Sonic limbers up a little bit, a smirk on his face, "Plan B is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues." He laughs to himself, "Nah just kidding, but man have you ever done one of those things? They're rough after a while!"

You ignore Sonic and look at Shadow apprehensively, "Whoa whoa hold on, you're not planning on blowing up my room are you? We can do these tests elsewhere."

Sonic chuckles, "East you're a silly one! Of course Shadow's not gonna blow up the room!"

"It would take more power than what I'm channeling-" His hand begins glowing with energy as you jump back.