1

"I never trust a narcissist,
But they love me,
So I play 'em like a violin,
And I make it look oh so easy."
—Taylor Swift
(I did Something Bad)

♱

J E O N G H A N

"Humans are destined to die, no matter what you are or who you are, your body functions will automatically stop. However, if we believe in him and continue to be faithful, we will have a life for eternity."

That's what the priest always says when doing a ceremony. Sometimes, all I wanted to do is laugh the hell out of him. The world is cruel and the people living on it are all pathetic, well, I guess that includes me.

Sitting on the same position and been locked behind the cold bars for more than ten years sure looks pathetic. I lift my head up then gazed outside the small window located on the top of the wall that I can't reach.

There's nothing else to see but the dark sky. It's going rain, I guessed before adverting my eyes towards the bars before me. Opposite to me is another prisoner wearing the same attire as mine, he's been here for five months and he looks really...crazy.

With his trembling body curled up, he kept mumbling things I can't hear. It's no surprise that I can't hear him but I have always have this sensitive ears and believe me when I say I can even hear your own thoughts.

And that man over there, will probably die in two days. All of a sudden, I can hear heavy footsteps coming, it's as if a whole army is marching on this dark hallway filled with prisoners. The corner of my lips curled up forming into an amused smirk.

There was a loud rattling sound around and my eyes landed over the man who professionally unfasten the lock before opening the cold bar. With an expressionless face, he demanded with his fresh accent. "Stand up."

And I did as he told yet before I could land my feet outside he fished out something behind him. It was a handcuff. I couldn't help but sneer as I said, "You've known me for years yet you still don't trust me?"

His cold eyes snapped at me as the cold metal around each of my wrist made a clicking sound. "I'd be a fool to trust a criminal like you." I innocently smiled before reminding, "I'm innocent though."

This time, he was the one who sneered. "Oh yeah? The heavens above sent you to hell since you are a big fat liar, you murderer." Afterwards, he grabbed the back of my collar then pushed me forward. A small laugh left my dry lips.