Introduction

Hello readers! Welcome to the Official Timeline of Robotech Odyssey, a mini-series that'll guide you through the chronology of my new project, "Robotech Odyssey," a modernized re-imagining and reboot of the 1980s hit anime television series Robotech. Just recently, I've started to fall in love with the Robotech franchise and the Macross franchise in general, so I decided to make my version of the Robotech story as an attempt to weave everything together far more coherently than they were in the original TV show and give the story a proper ending.

Now, this isn't the traditional Robotech setting. While it does more or less resemble the original show and incorporates elements from the series' source material (Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA), certain details had to be changed for this story to make sense and to update it for modern times, but still have it somewhat resemble the official series. This project's mythos is more like an amalgamation of elements from the original Robotech series, along with spin-off/secondary canon material such as Robotech: The Movie, Robotech II: The Sentinels, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, and Jack McKinney's novel series adaptation of the Robotech series. I'll also be using elements from the Macross franchise, along with other sci-fi anime series such as Mobile Suit Gundam, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and Space Battleship Yamato 2199, to expand the universe.

Please note readers. Remember that there are more timelines out there than stars in the sky. While the dates may vary and some events may differ slightly from their original counterparts, the basic order of things happening is the same. However, I do think it's one of the more complete ones available. Your mileage may vary.

Dates of events on alien worlds are somewhat uncertain, because of the intricacies of converting from one calendar to another. In such cases, the alien calendar's date (A.L., I.C., and P.C.) is from that race's chronicles, and the equivalent Terran date is the best available conversion.

The religiously neutral "B.C.E." and "C.E." have been used in the Terran calendars, following the practice in current historical and archaeological circles. The dates correspond to the conventional "B.C." and "A.D." systems.

A Tirolian year has been set to 5.657 Terran years, or 2066 days 3 hours 18 minutes and 20.200 seconds. Conversely, one Terran year is equivalent to 0.17678 Tirolian years. This must be taken into account when counting in Aeon Lanack (A.L.). The Tirolian sidereal day (or a single orbit around Fantoma) is 12 Terrestrial hours, 21 minutes. The Imperial Calendar (I.C.) is measured in Tirolian sidereal days from the Unification of Tirol; this calendar was introduced when the Robotech Masters seized power. Calculations as to how these figures were derived are available on request.

A Pretoxican year has been set to 1.3012 Earth solar years, or 475 days 6 hours 38 minutes and 11.505 seconds. Conversely, one Earth solar year is equivalent to 0.76850 Pretoxican Calendar years. This must be taken into account when counting in Pretoxican Calendar (P.C.).