Part IV: Rise of the Robotech Empire

1363 A.D.:

The Zentraedi Imperial Fleet commissions the Thuverl Dalem-class heavy cruiser.

1378 A.D.:

Karbarra begins an arms build-up in anticipation of a possible conflict against the Robotech Empire, which has begun a massive wave of aggressive colonization and expansion across the Large Magellanic Cloud and its surrounding space. This culminates in the development of a new type of starship-mounted weapon known as "Reflex Weaponry," combining the power of a nuclear weapon with the advantages of an area-affect beam gun and impervious to the anti-missile defenses that are mounted on starships.

1379-1382 A.D. (152000-154100 I.C.):

In response to the Karbarrans' military build-up, the Robotech Elders immediately dispatched the Zentraedi Imperial Fleet to Karbarra, which was soon conquered with minimal collateral damage and loss of Karbarran life, and its great industrial capacity turned to Imperial needs. The Karbarrans are then forced to give up their secrets to Reflex Weaponry, which the Elders' Scientist Triumvirates perfect for their purposes.

The Robotech Empire produces several new classes of Zentraedi and Meltrandi warships armed with Reflex Weaponry, most notably the Nupetiet Vergnitzs-class fleet command ship and the Rineunadou Lojmeuean-class monitor.

The Autonomous Republic of Ci'Vonia loudly objects to the loss of its trading partner, Karbarra, but was mollified by assurances of autonomy and free trade with Tirol.

1393 A.D. (161000 I.C.):

The Rape of Optera; The Robotech Elders start to grow uncertain of their positions as their power was derived from Protoculture, which could only be produced by the Invid Flower of Life. To resolve this, they ordered a detachment of Zentraedi harvesters led by Zor to defoliate Optera of all of its Flowers of Life, ransacking the local Invid Hives in the process. Many Invid warriors take up arms against the invaders but are put down by the superior weapons of the Zentraedi. During the Zentraedi pacification of the restless Invid, both the Regent and the Regess are killed in the chaos. It was only the telepathic outrage of the Regent's and Regess's daughter, who would become the future Regess, who felt betrayed by Zor did he left Optera with only a small percentage of the Flower of Life. Despite this, Optera was left as a barren wasteland with little to no life, leaving the Invid to starve to near extinction.

Angered by this betrayal by those who were once thought of as allies, the Invid begin to transform from a peaceful species into a war-like one that sought vengeance for those that had wronged them. The former Regent's and Regess's Royal Advisor and the Invid Princess both take up the position as the new Regent and Regess. Under their leadership, they set about deciphering advanced Tirolian technology given to them by Zor in their initial alliance, creating a vast army of war machines in preparation for an upcoming conflict against the Robotech Masters.

Now as the sole master of Protoculture, the Robotech Empire starts to cement their total dominance over the entire Large Magellanic Cloud and expand their influence into the neighboring galaxies and star clusters.

When an ashamed Zor returns to Tirol from Optera, he discovers that his father Zol has died from a terminal illness during his house arrest (most likely having been poisoned in his sleep by the Robotech Masters during Zor's absence). Now finally determined to end the evil that he had unleashed, he reunites with his old lover Arla and the two destroy all records on the Flower of Life's biology and how to replicate it, making sure that the secrets to create more Protoculture will be known to him and him only. However, once they finished their work, Zor's former best friend Vard confronted the pair and killed Arla in blind loyalty to the Robotech Masters. In a fit of rage, Zor turned his weapon on his former friend and killed him.