"Fuck sakes, I'm never drinking again." Melissa groaned as Emily opened her chalet door for her best friend. "I can still taste the don julio"

"You smell like it too." Emily poured Melissa a glass of water from the bottle in her fridge. "That, and dumb choices."

"Fuck you." Melissa groaned again, flopping down at the table and resting her forehead in her hand. Emily answered with a soft chuckle.

"I'll get you some tylenol." She quickly disappeared into the bedroom and emerged with a little white pill, placing it and the glass of water in front of a slightly disheveled Melissa. "You want something for breakfast?"

"Not a chance." Melissa replied once she had swallowed the tylenol. If you give me a plate of something "The way my insides are acting, if you put a plate of something in front of me I'll just add more to the plate."

"Did you have anything to eat at all before you came here?" Concern spread across Emily's face.

"Yeah I had a banana and a coffee. There's enough in my stomach to stop the tylenol from causing any trouble."

Emily nodded with relief and flicked the switch on her kettle to start boiling it.

"You given anymore thought to what we talked about last night?" Melissa took another gulp of water.

"It's all I can think about thanks to you." Emily sighed, stirring some honey into her mug.

"I've got nothing to do with it Em, it's just so obvious." Melissa sat up a bit straighter, knowing the conversation had turned serious. "Myself, Cait, Jasmine, DeMarcus, we've been watching this thing develop between you two for months. And frankly? We're exhausted watching you do this dance and never talking about what it all means."

"It's not supposed to mean anything, Mel." Emily joined her best friend across from the table, playing with the spoon in her tea. "We work together. We can't let our personal feelings get in the way of doing our jobs."

"Enough, Em " Mel groaned, putting her head in her hands. "Is that gonna serve as your excuse when Tanner gets tired of waiting for you and finds someone else, and you're wishing you'd given her a fucking chance?"

Emily played with her fingers on the table in front of her, wishing she wasn't in this conversation at all.

"What makes you think Tanner's waiting at all?" Emily's voice had softened. She stared down at her mug of tea, watching the surface of the hot, milky drink swirl. "DeMarcus told us all about what Tanner was like at flight school. A girl in every port. How do any of us know if that's changed?"

"Because of what we see when you're together." Melissa stilled Emily's twiddling fingers with her hand. "She cares for you, Em. Really."

With that, Melissa stood up from the table and made her way to the couch to turn on the little flat screen sitting on the accent table.

"I think I've tortured you enough with all this. Come. Let's watch Sex and the City."

"Fine." Emily sighed, still contemplating heavily on the situation that now faced her. She slumped down beside her best friend who gave her a gentle hug and pressed 'play'.

"Did you see Emily acting kinda weird when she came back from the bathroom last night?" Tanner asked DeMarcus. They were wandering along the beach with the sand between their bare toes, the Captain in a short-sleeved baby blue button up shirt and white denim shorts, and the First Officer in a pair of pale green board shorts scattered with white palm trees and a fishing shirt.

"Kinda." DeMarcus nodded as he carried the tackle box and his rented fishing rod. "She kept more to herself and she was less talkative when she and Mel came back."