comfort.

What a lovely night, sails was just hanging out on top of the roof of their home, sails usually do this when his head is clouded.. with what you might ask? Only the pirate himself knows.. soon enough, sails heard someone walking from behind him, as he turns around looking at the person.. oh.. it was just tails... Why was tails here anyways? That's so weird but sails didn't mind it..

"Wha' are ye doin' comin' up t' the roof all the sudden?" Sails asked in a rather.. pirate speech.. guess he still learning on speaking normally.. tails just shrugs and sat next to him.

"Not sure.. but.. I love seeing the stars too.."

Tails had grown a habit on stargazing, usually his best friend cream and kitsunami was the one introducing the idea to him..

Sails was about to say something, but cat caught his tounge.. genuinely he doesn't know what to say.. so the Environment got a bit.. silent.. not in a bad way.. it was a lot peaceful..

"I've been wondering... Is something bothering you?"

Tails asked looking into sails... He can tell something is really messing with sails' head, there's no way this talkative Pirate fox got so.. quiet.. it was super unusual. Tails proceed to place his hand on sails shoulder..

"Oh.. um.. what were ye saying lad? I.. wasn't focusin'.."

Tails eyes widen, as his hands tighten.. he didn't hesitate to repeat his question.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Sails sigh and gave a pained smile towards tails.. he knew the other three will soon find out about it sooner or later, so it doesn't hurt to tell tails about it now.

"Jus' had been missin' on me home.. me crew.. black rose had been hangin' out with the others.. I jus' wench the old times.."

It's true, sails really miss pirating, and mostly having adventures, since the last event happened, black rose decided to hang out more with her sisters (rusty and thorn), dread retired.. sails just miss the old times.. he really miss his other crews..

"I know the feeling of losing someone.. it was a long time ago.. heck she was an alien from space!"

Tails chuckle as he shift his gaze on the stars.. sails got intrigued by the story, truly he haven't heard anything like that before.. a girl from outer space? It's like one of those silly stories nine used to tell during their bedtime stories..

"How.. ye meet her?"

Sails ask in a soft voice.. it's really rare for sails to do this, so that really caught tails off guard.. tails chuckle softly and smiled..

"She was the last of her kind... The seedrian.. her name was Cosmo.. she was.. so beautiful!.. at first she was clumsy and.. pretty funny.. she didn't know her purpose!.. then there bad guys called the metarex (I don't remember) that wanted to endanger the world! Our world was at stake! So  she decided to.."

Tails stopped mid sentence as he clenched his fist..

"Sacrifice herself.."

Tails looks up and stare at the shining stars above.. sails listen really carefully.. sails really feel like Cosmo was a great friend..

"The.. Stars... Everytime I miss her.. I look up at the stars above me... It feels like she's.. right next to me.."

Tails hug his knees and buried his face.. sails knew tails really miss her.. sails holds tails and hug him too.. petting tails back in a comforting way.. sails said nothing but just be there for tails.. truly he understands that losing someone really hurts.. but missing someone who isn't here anymore hurt even greatly.. sails learns to appreciate that he still get to see his crew.. tails was unfortunate to witness his very own friend died..

"I love you tails.."