1: Always Be Hogwarts

"Can you believe we're about to be back home?" El asked Emma as she laid her head on her sister's shoulder.

They were on the train ride back and they were in a compartment with Julia, Indiana, Fred, and George. They were a bit cramped with all of them in there but at the same time they were perfectly comfortable.

"Honestly, yeah," Emma said, looking out the window of the beautiful green landscape they were passing through, "What I can't believe is that we're already finished with our first year at Hogwarts."

"What do you mean?" George asked.

Since he and Fred had just finished their third year, they couldn't quite recall the feeling of completing the first year.

"I mean like... for so long we've been waiting to start school at Hogwarts and now we've finished our first year, like actually finished it," Emma explained herself.

"One seventh of the way done," El said, "It is pretty crazy."

"Sometimes I forget that you lot are two years younger than us," Fred said amusingly, "Not that I thought you were our age, I honestly thought you were like five."

El yanked her shoe off and threw it at Fred, causing him to laugh. Since he had the Weasley contagious laugh, soon everyone in the compartment was laughing as well. A few hours later, the train was pulling into the hidden platform of 9 ¾ at Kings Cross Station.

The students heaved their trunks off of the racks near the top of the compartment and all trudged off of the train, pulling their trunks along behind them. They stepped onto the cement of the platform and everyone seemed to be going their separate ways.

El and Emma hugged Indiana and Julia goodbye as they seemed to need to go quite quickly. As El went to say goodbye to her friends Lily and Isabelle, Emma looked through the massive crowd for a specific somebody.

She spotted her tall handsome friend almost right away and pushed through the crowd until she reached him. Upon seeing her, Cedric immediately enveloped her in his arms. They hugged for what must have been a solid minute before pulling away.

"You going to be okay this summer?" Cedric asked as he looked into his favorite pair of eyes.

"I'll be more than okay. I've got El, remember," she reminded him. He chuckled and nodded and she continued, "You will write though, won't you?"

"As long as I get letters back, I'll never stop," Cedric replied with a smile, "And on top of that, I may just pay a visit to you. Besides, I don't think I can go a full two months without seeing that smile of yours."

"Oh, stop flirting already," El said as she walked up to the two, interrupting their moment as all great siblings do, "Em, Ron is waiting for us. He wants us to meet his parents."

"Okay, one moment," Emma said then turned back to Cedric, "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too," Cedric said, giving Emma one last hug.

When they pulled away, he bent down and gave Emma a quick kiss on the cheek before turning and walking away. Emma's cheeks flushed a bright red and El grabbed her hand, pulling her through the crowd.

"El!" a voice called amidst the crowd, "El!"

El paused in her venture for the Weasleys and turned towards the direction her name was being called from. The pale, white-blonde boy she called her best friend rushed up to her, his hair not so neat anymore from his running.

"Hi," El said, then laughed lightly, "I mean, bye, I guess."

"I expect you to write," Draco told her, "Everyday."

"Everyday? Draco, are you mental?" El questioned incredulously.

"No, I'm just going to miss my best friend."

El couldn't help but smile. That was the first time he had verbally called her his best friend and it warmed her heart. The way he was open with her like no other was one of her favorite things.

"I'll miss you too, Draco," El said, "So much."

She knew better than to give him a hug with so many people around so they said quick goodbyes to each other and Draco ran off to find his parents.

"C'mon then, slow poke," Emma said, urging El forward.

The two girls made their way hand in hand all the way to where a group of bright redheads stood.

"Harry, Ron, Hermione," Emma said with three nods of her head as a greeting.

"El! Emma!" Ron exclaimed, "This is my mum and dad."

"Hello, dearies," a plump and beautiful woman said, "Ron told us all about you two and I must say, you are both as lovely as he described you."

"And twins as well!" a redhead man exclaimed, "I imagine you and our boys Fred and George get along rather well."

"Better than ever," El and Emma said at the same time, laughing at how they did so.

"I hope you girls know that our door is always open for you," Mrs. Weasley told them, "You're welcome to pop in at any time."

"Thank you so much," Emma thanked for her and her sister.

"We better be seeing you a lot this summer," Fred said, "We need to get ready for Quidditch next year. Mean game, it's no joke."

"Of course, of course," El said.

"There are my uncle, aunt, and cousin," Harry mentioned as he spotted his family.

El and Emma glanced over and Emma grimaced, "Good luck with that."

"Thanks," Harry chuckled.

He and Hermione gave their final goodbyes to their friends then left off to find their separate families.

"Well, I guess it's goodbye for the summer," Emma said as she faced the Weasleys once more.

El and Emma both went to hug Ron at once and Fred and George decided to join in the hug so they were all five hugging together.

"I love you guys," El said after they pulled away.

"And just like we're saying to everyone," Emma began, "Don't forget to write. I love y'all."

They said their last goodbye, and El and Emma began walking away as Ron waved and Fred and George saluted.

"Ready to see Mum and Dad?" El asked Emma as they walked towards the 9 ¾ barrier since their parents would be waiting on the other side.

"Definitely," Emma said firmly then held out her hand, "Together?"

El grabbed it in her own, "Together."

The sisters smiled at each other then ran through the barrier together, ready to return back home with their parents even though they both knew that their real home would always be Hogwarts.