11.

CHRISTOPHER"I promise you, we gon talk again right when you get outta here!"

CHRISTOPHER
"I promise you, we gon talk again right when you get outta here!"

August was informing me as he was standing at the exit with a guy who he said was his uncle. Management ended up searching for some of August's family so he wouldn't end up being homeless once he got out of here.

His uncle's name was Clifford. He seemed like a pretty nice guy.

"I know, man. Imma just miss having you as a roommate. It was pretty fucking lit."

"I know. Just stay on track, and you'll be able to get out of here when you're supposed to. Stay good, C."

August dapped me up before grabbing his belongings and walked out of the exit with his uncle. Aubrey suddenly came out of nowhere and tapped me on my shoulder.

"Looks like it's just you and me until our asses get out of here, too."

"If you say so."

Hell nah. Definitely not. I gotta get my fucking ass outta here.

"Christopher, you have a visitor."

Michael spoke up. I turned around, and seen that my younger brother Jayden was standing there. But he didn't seem too happy.

"Jay! Where you been at, nigga?! I've been waiting on you to come by and see me."

"Well, I thought that giving you some space would help you get your shit together faster. Evidently, I thought completely wrong. What the fuck is going on, Chris? You damn near murdering a man outside during activities?"

"That nigga put his hands on me!"

"Stop playing victim. They already told me what happened. You put your hands on him first."

"He bumped into me! His stupid ass should've watched where he was going!"

"That doesn't give you a right to damn near kill him! I contacted your therapist earlier. She said she's gonna come tomorrow instead of Friday. You need it way sooner than that."

Eh. At least that's something to make my day slightly better. I get to see my fine ass therapist.

"Whatever, Jay. Tell me about you. How have you been?"

"Besides worrying about how you, I've been fine. Work is fine, in general, I'm fine. Mom finally came down to see us. I told her that you were away in here for a while."

"She's still down here?"

"Yeah —"

"So why the fuck didn't she come with you to see me? It's so funny how she magically comes when I'm locked in a fucking mental hospital —"

"Calm down, Chris! How could she have possibly known you were in here?! And she didn't come because she couldn't stand seeing you in here. She said it was painful to see her son struggling in here."

"That's just straight up bullshit, Jay. It's clear that you're her favorite child. All because you're the youngest and you have no mental issues. It's whatever. If she really loved and cared for me, she would've at least tried to be here for me more. And she never tried."

I rolled my eyes. Jayden tried getting closer to me, but I backed up a few steps.

"Chris, please. Can we not argue right now? I just wanna spend a peaceful few minutes with my brother."

"Peaceful? Ain't nothing about this shit peaceful. It is for you, because you get to walk out of here freely. You don't have to battle with mental illnesses every fucking day of your life. So yeah, of course it's gonna be peaceful for you. My life is everything but peaceful."

"Chris —"

"Just come back another day, Jayden. I don't feel like being bothered today. Get back to mom. You wouldn't wanna keep her favorite child waiting."

I angrily walked off, making my way back to my room. Once I entered my room, I seen a whole other person who took place of where August once was.

He had tattoos covering him all over his body, including his face

He had tattoos covering him all over his body, including his face. He had long black dreads. I could tell he was a full blown gangsta.

"Who the fuck are you, nigga?"

"More like who are YOU? I'm Chris, this is my room."

"My name is Wayne. They just placed me in this shitty ass room. I just got done serving fifteen years in prison. They ain't send my ass home. They made an agreement, a god damn plea deal, that if I came to this fucking therapy shit, they would let me out of jail early. So, here the fuck I am."

God damn! Fifteen years?! Fuck did this nigga do?! Murder someone?!

"Oh.. aight.."

"You ain't got no lighter in here or something? I snuck my last cigarette up in this bitch, and I don't even have no lighter."

"Nah, I don't have no lighter. And you're gonna set off the smoke alarm. Do you really think that's a good idea?"

"Nigga, I don't need you telling me what to do. I'm a grown ass man. Don't tell me what ideas are good, and what ideas are bad. I have a mind of my fucking own."

"Damn. My bad. I'll just let you be."

"Yeah. That's your best fucking option."