26.

STAR"So, you're the infamous Star, huh? Jesus, my son talks about you so much I was beginning to think you were a goddess from above or something! It's very nice to finally meet you

STAR
"So, you're the infamous Star, huh? Jesus, my son talks about you so much I was beginning to think you were a goddess from above or something! It's very nice to finally meet you."

Terrence stood up from the dinner table, giving me a hug. I chuckled and hugged him back with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too. I was extremely worried about Chris, so I had to come down here to make sure that he was really okay like his friends back home said he was."

"Christopher is perfectly fine. He just had to keep away from a few bad people for a while. He's supposed to be going back home in a few."

"Yeah, that's another reason why I came down here. I was hoping that he could come back home with me. Like, by the end of this week."

"I think maybe he would like that."

As soon as Terrence said that, the front door opened and Chris came inside. I looked at him in confusion, because who was this Julianna character? Was she really just his father's neighbor, or was he fucking her on the low?

Not that I should even care, cause he's not even my man...

"There you are, Christopher. I was just talking to Star about how you're planning on going back home soon. She said maybe by the end of this week."

"Star and I have some other things to speak about right now. You wanna come up to my room?"

"Uh, yeah. Thanks for letting me stay in your house while I'm here, Terrence. I appreciate you."

"No problem, love. I'll see you two in the morning, I'm about to go get some sleep."

Terrence informed the two of us. I then began following Chris upstairs and into the room he was staying in. I then seen a drawing of a picture that he drew, that so happened to look like me.

"That drawing is pretty dope. She looks just like me."

"That is you, Star. Why did you just show up out of the blue without giving me a warning, at least?"

"Warning?! You haven't been answering any of my calls and text messages! How the fuck am I supposed to warn you?!"

"You still could've texted me! I would've seen!"

"Do you have something going on over here that you don't want me here? If so, that's fine. I'll just leave back to Los Angeles without you. I just started getting more worried about you as the days went on. I didn't want to ask August, but I did. I had to. I just wanted to make sure you were alive and okay."

"Okay? Star, I'm never okay! I'm taking shit day by day, but never am I fully okay! I have so much bullshit that's on my mind, replaying over and over again in my head! It's fucking me up! I'm planning on going back home, but I'm fucking scared! I don't want this shit to be stuck with me for life.."

Chris sadly sighed, plopping himself on his bed. I could see how upset he appeared to be, and it broke my heart. I slowly took a seat next to him, placing my hand on one of his knees.

"What exactly happened, if you don't mind me asking? I just wanna make sure you're okay as much as you can be."

"The night I escaped. That's a whole other story why I don't wanna go back, they're probably gonna throw me back in there! I just wanted to escape, I wanted to be free. Then Wayne, he came up with this whole insane plan on how we were going to take out Michael just to be sure we escaped. It was after that, that caught me by surprise. He decided to kill Marshall too, because Marshall talked too much. I couldn't stay there, he was going to kill Me if I tried escaping his sight. That's when I told August, I had to go. I had to come here and live with my father for a while, until things died down.."

"But why not just let everyone know in private? So we didn't think you had died or something? We were all worried sick about you, Chris. We thought you legit got murdered or something."

"It was way too risky, Star. God forbid he caught me speaking to any of you, he would've hurt you guys too. I didn't want that. Please, just don't hold this against me.."

"I won't.. I understand. Just, at least try to contact Jayden. That boy loves you, you're his big brother. He thinks he's the reason why you went missing in the first place."

"I'll call him first thing in the morning. I just want to catch up with you. How have you been?"

Chris looked up at me with that bright smile of his. It was so good to see him smile for once. It was just good to see him alive in general. God knows what I would do if he ended up dead somewhere.

"I've been good, besides worrying about you. Just been co partnering with Dave and stuff. It's getting somewhat better. I'm just extremely happy to see you're okay."

I then began to hug Chris, wrapping both arms around his neck as he gently pulled me onto his lap. His touch felt so good. I never thought that I would see him again.

"I've been fine. I do have to talk to you about something, though..."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I love you, Star. And no, I'm not talking about just a friend or my therapist. I genuinely am in love with you. So much, that it hurts to even think about when I'm not around you. Even though I'm not one hundred percent okay mentally, I wanna give you all that I have. I wanna be the one that's by your side, through everything. Thick and thin, beautiful and ugly. I don't know if you feel the same, but I'm just being vocal about my feelings towards you."

Chris looked me deeply into my eyes. I grabbed onto his face with both of my hands, kissing him as passionately as I could. What I've been waiting for, for forever. I wanted him just as much as he wanted me. The feeling was definitely mutual, and I'm glad that it was.

"I'm guessing you love me too, huh?"

"I definitely do. Let's just take things slow at first. I don't wanna ruin anything. I've already missed out on enough time with you."