𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

After two more days in Seattle and a few more painting stuff in the trunk, Happy and Sage stopped by Happy's mom before heading back to Charming

After two more days in Seattle and a few more painting stuff in the trunk, Happy and Sage stopped by Happy's mom before heading back to Charming. The redhead already knew her Old Man's mother and always found it nice when they found time to visit Maria. And Happy's aunt was also someone nice to talk to.

Since Maria was often unable to visit Happy because of the pain the MS caused, the two of them drove to Bakersfield more oftenᅳ which wasn't as far away as Phoenix, where Sage's mom lived.

Even though Sage wasn't used to seeing Breanna, her mom, often, she still missed sometimes just being able to talk to her in person. It would be really helpful, especially now during her pregnancy. After all, Breanna had three kids herself.

Of course, Sage could always ask Gemma for advice, after all the matriarch had experience. Still, it wasn't the same and it would be nice if Breanna could be a little more involved in the pregnancy.

"What's on your mind, little girl?" Happy's deep, gravelly voice ripped her out of her thoughts and stopped her from staring out the window.

"Hm?", she asked, only then, after a short delay, did his question reach her. She smiled softly. "I was just thinking about what it would be like if my mom lived closer to us. Especially now that I'm pregnant."

Happy nodded curtly after stopping at a red light, placing a hand on her leg. He still wasn't keen on driving in a cage, but today it was a lot more practical as they were on their way to a baby store.

The trunk would definitely be full afterwards if they really wanted to buy everything that was on the list that Sage and Gemma had written last night.

"We can visit her if you want", he suggested after a moment of thinking, his gaze wandering towards her. "I know it's not the same, but at least it's something."

"No, that's a good idea", she agreed immediately as she slipped her hand into his. "But you can't be away from the club all the time. Because of me, you're gone a few days every month for doctor's appointments anyway."

"And?" He raised a brow before squeezing her hand. "The doctor is good and that's worth driving the same route every month. And the guys understand that."

"Luckily, otherwise it would be really stressful", she murmured.

The fact that everyone at the club offered their support and was understanding of Happy's absence each month was not something Sage wanted to take for granted and she was grateful for all the help. "But it would be nice if we could actually visit my mom."

Happy's gaze was back on the road as the light turned green. "Do you have a good relationship with your mom?"

"Yes, we're pretty close. Even though she was the strict one, we always got along well", she said with a smile as a feeling of nostalgia arose. "It's just kinda annoying that she moved back to Arizona right after the divorce."