VII. FRIENDS?

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 two were finished training they were gulping down their water. their bodies were sore and, their hair was all messy, and both were sweating. a lot.

"why the hell do you have so much stamina..?" he whined while laying down on the grass.

"you just suck."

"you literally told me that im good"

"no I didn't, I just said that you were better than I expected."

"whatever."

★✮★

the two were eating ice pops after the e/c forced sae to get it with him. it was the kind where you had the chance to win a prize if you got the winning stick.

"..i won."

"what a way to waste your luck, l/n." sae didn't wanna say anything cause he too got a losing stick with the usual 'YOU LOSE' text and he didn't want to admit to losing.

"hm, not my fault you got the losing stick~ ♪" he was getting cocky. sae hated when he did.

it always seemed like it was mocking him.

★✮★

sae and the h/c male unintentionally hung out. they explored places they didn't even know existed. it was quite the adventure. they found cats, weird looking bugs, and more.

they were having the time of their life! well, only one of them was. the other was silently observing his surroundings as if he was in own little world.

"hey sae! look at this." he was holding up a black cat with teal eyes like it was simba. it reminded sae of his brother. especially the long whiskers that represented the itoshi brother's gene of having long  eyelashes.

"okay."

"is that really all you have to say?" even though he sounded a bit disheartened he really wasn't. he didn't really care.

"yeah. is there a problem with that?" sae spoke as if he was ready to throw insults when the boy were to say the wrong thing and he was not in the mood for that.

"no! not at all."

sae secretly side-glanced him.

★✮★

sae was walking towards a convenience store with the h/c yapping about one of his lastest interests.

"and the guy was introduced as the villain but ended up being the one who saved the world!"

short answers were only given to the male while he was rambling without a care in the world.

"okay."

the male didn't get disheartened from the other's lack of response though, but instead took it as a challenge for him to be genuinely interested into what he was saying.

honestly he didn't know what to call their relationship at the moment. friends? maybe that. sae would've been his first friend if that was the case. and he was glad.

both of their social lives were low and the two barely had any friends. one was probably due to his attitude and the other due to his sarcastic behavior.

what a weird duo.

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

sae was actually listening to what the male was saying. he was interested in what he had to say cause he was watching the same show and he didn't really understand what was going on, but now he did.

(edited - 02/10/24)